A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    Tabith, your account just misteriously disappared, and the backup I have of the database is too recent and your account is not there either. Send me an email at game.elements@gmail.com and please create a new account with your old username/password in the while, I'll find a way to fix this.
    When I logged in earlier, it looked like there was a database rollback. My deck looked like it did a day or two ago and I was missing cards. This might also explain a new account disappearing.

The game has tons of potential and I'm excited about where it might go. In my opinion, too much time commitment is required to get new cards and try different strategies. Thats the main thing that puts me off. Thanks for all the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by jtravisp View Post
    When I logged in earlier, it looked like there was a database rollback. My deck looked like it did a day or two ago and I was missing cards. This might also explain a new account disappearing.

The game has tons of potential and I'm excited about where it might go. In my opinion, too much time commitment is required to get new cards and try different strategies. Thats the main thing that puts me off. Thanks for all the hard work.
    Well most online games take a pretty decent commitment to get everything thats available just look at all the other games with PvP and MMORPG's. Just be glad that this is a free and fun experience for everyone that we all can do while still mutitasking with other things.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    Well most online games take a pretty decent commitment to get everything thats available just look at all the other games with PvP and MMORPG's. Just be glad that this is a free and fun experience for everyone that we all can do while still mutitasking with other things.
    I totally understand where you're coming from. I've played many MMO's. The difference is the frequency of the payback that you get. In an MMO, there is psychology at work. They can be so addictive because you're always working towards the next payoff- the next level, new skills or abilities.

The problem I see long-term with Elements is that the payoff doesn't change over long periods of time, "long" being many hours. In a good MMO, you hit level 2 minutes into the game. As you progress, however, the payoffs get further apart and harder to reach, but more rewarding. After investing maybe 4-5 hours into Elements, I still feel locked into my deck. There is a constant reward (money for new cards, an occasional free card), but it comes in tiny increments.

The result, for me, is a great game that I have a blast with, but get tired of after a week. I wouldn't even be taking the time to write this if I didn't think that gameplay mechanics, artwork, card design, and potential strategy weren't great. I just want to give some feedback. I really hope it doesn't come across that I'm complainging. Again, great work with the game.

Aether is still broken: dimensional shield / parallel universe / phase dragon just slams the opponent very hard very fast while shielding perfectly.

I have about a 2:1 win/loss record (I've tried many strategies) but the Aether deck has been about 15 wins in a row right now.

Why is it sometimes in pvp if the opponent stops responding the computer takes over and sometimes it just gives me an auto-win?

Edit:

Another possibly hacked account.

Trevor81

22 wins

Pure aether deck with 3 phase dragons and 2 parallel unis.

Edit2:

Trevor81 came up again in PVP, I hit back to menu before the game started and lost 20 coins??
    Last edited by marauder68; 07-23-2009 at 10:30 PM.

Hi,

First, I would like to thank you for this great game. It's awesome.

Today, I played for several hours level 3 and top 50. I noticed that there are many decks using aether, time, life, air, but only very few using gravity. I play gravity + light and find it very difficult to get any usefull rare cards for my deck. I won 3 miracles some days ago, but I don't have a single rare gravity weapon or shield. This is mainly due to the small numbers of gravity decks to compete against.

Could you please add more decks with gravity or light rares to level 3 rotation? That would help a lot. I don't want to change to aether just because it seams to be easier to get their rare cards.

Thanks,
    Magoo

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English.

Yeah great game Zanz :P Good work on fixing the bugs for PVP.

I think everyone's basically just trying to farm those really uncommon rares lol....there's too many owl eyes/miracles in circulation, and no pulverizer/titan/trident/discord lol. i wouldn't mind the 3-rares trade-in for 1 deal, i have built up 8 extra rares i dont need (past 6)...
    are you sure u put trident in lv3 :P i have played a million games, never seen it lol and im not going to play lv1 for 1 slot chances to get it hah.

EDIT: nvm...just saw 2 tridents...i guess zanz changed up the decks in lv3, theyre much harder haha thanks.
    Last edited by Disaru; 07-24-2009 at 02:03 AM.

Is it intentional that you can run out of creature slots?

Player "ragorak"- Ranked number 8 with a score of 208 (I think), deck is 100% bone pillars. Seems kind of suspicious.

Hi

So ater playing the pvp extensivly I got a few bugs that havn´t been pointed out that I know of.

-weapons using trident and owl eye in some games I use the ability and the next round the player gets back his pillars and lost points. It has happend quite a lot in the 2 days I played it. talking to the players Iknow that the player actually doesn´t see any weapon whene this glitch happens.
    -FFQ deck once for some reason the player got back all his lost points after every the round. finally won whene I was able to get over 100 points to kill him off.
    - another wich has been said many times is that cards simply appear that aren´t there ore are simply diffrent cards that you see whene you hold your mouse over it.

" days of play and I´ve lost over 1800 points since I average 1000p a day you can chalk it up to losing almost 4000p in this time. I really think that the point system needs better balancing I win more in pvp but end up losing points. the point loss should not be so high since even for the higher ups a bad draw is all that is needed to lose a game. you can have a decent deck done in just a few days of playing that can easily challenge those that have been playing a while.
    With the new change in upgrading cards this unbalance may be ok not sure though if that is the case.
    would like to know from other players if they see this unbalance as I do could be just that my pick in decks is just crappy.
    I agree with dark that the nerving on FFq was a bit to strong escpecially when there has not been enough done against the aether deck that is in constant use.

Woo someone agrees with me. And yeah I agree with Cisco too about the PvP gains vs losses system. As a higher up I find that its far too much of a loss to do PvP so I've resorted to rare hunting in level 3 for now. Hopefully I get myself some nice stuff in this time and maybe, just MAYBE I can get my old FFQ status back(or maybe it'll at least become more usable in PvP once upgrades come out and aether is finally tuned down right. or elimanted all together. I'd be happy if either happened to aether hehe.)

The gain/loss of score in the pvp follow rules similar to those applied to chess tournaments, if you are in the top50 you might be losing score even if you win the majority of the pvp games. That is intentional, many players in the past pointed out that the score system was based too much on quantity and not enough on quality. This pvp system is completely quality based, in fact, if you play just pvp and you are an average player with a win:lose rate of 1:1 you end up with a score close to 0.

In other words... getting a very high score is now harder. While for a skilled new player is easier to get in pvp games and get lots of score points winning just a few pvp games.

Experienced players will have a significant advantage with the upgraded cards system that is under development, that is going to make them even harder to beat.

...Which in turn will raise complaints from the new players that will say that it is close to impossible to win a match against a player that has rank2, with all of those rares and upgraded cards that they will never have, not in a million years. (and they will ignore the fact that they are losing close to nothing score-wise).

In my experience, when all the players are complaining at the same time about the opposite thing, the game is balanced.

I will however keep using statistics to adjust things, it will take a while, but it will eventually work.

Last note: it will probably not be possible to win upgraded cards from the slots (you'll get the basic version of the card all the times).

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    The gain/loss of score in the pvp follow rules similar to those applied to chess tournaments, if you are in the top50 you might be losing score even if you win the majority of the pvp games. That is intentional, many players in the past pointed out that the score system was based too much on quantity and not enough on quality. This pvp system is completely quality based, in fact, if you play just pvp and you are an average player with a win:lose rate of 1:1 you end up with a score close to 0.

In other words... getting a very high score is now harder. While for a skilled new player is easier to get in pvp games and get lots of score points winning just a few pvp games.

Experienced players will have a significant advantage with the upgraded cards system that is under development, that is going to make them even harder to beat.

...Which in turn will raise complaints from the new players that will say that it is close to impossible to win a match against a player that has rank2, with all of those rares and upgraded cards that they will never have, not in a million years. (and they will ignore the fact that they are losing close to nothing score-wise).

In my experience, when all the players are complaining at the same time about the opposite thing, the game is balanced.

I will however keep using statistics to adjust things, it will take a while, but it will eventually work.

Last note: it will probably not be possible to win upgraded cards from the slots (you'll get the basic version of the card all the times).
    Wow....sweet. any chance you can give some more hints/details about this upgraded system?

I've just experienced a situation where my opponent would heal to 100 HP after his turn... It happened for 2 to 3 turns in a row and then funnily enough stopped when I mentioned it to the person.

quick question that I hope no one already asked...

how is the amount of money you win determined? It seems pretty random to me...

Had to register just to get in on the discussion for this game. This game is great. Just a couple quick comments.

Came across a bug where my lobotomizer changed into a phase dragon, then when I played that dragon the card was a lobotomizer again but as a creature instead of a weapon....so it was like playing the lobotomizer+flying weapon in one card. Didn't pay attention to how much quanta it cost.

Do you think it would be possible to add the mouse-over preview card function to the spinner screen? There are so many times where I'll see a card I don't recognize and would like to know what it is.

Also, I was thinking about the PVP ranking system, and I like how you're basing it off how chess is ranked. But maybe the PVP ranking should be different from the points. Like maybe the first time you play a PVP match your rank is 1000 or whatever and goes up or down based on the rank of the person you played. I don't like the idea of losing PVP rank if you win a match though, unless you're given the choice to not play a match.

Would it be possible to remember the last deck a player won with? So we don't have these top 50 decks with only pillars.

Also, eternity is broken. You should only be able to use the ability ever other turn or something like that, and maybe reduce its damage to 2.

Anyway, great job of the game, zan.

test to see if i can post

OK, now that I can post....

Had to register just to get in on the discussion for this game. This game is great. Just a couple quick comments.

Came across a bug where my lobotomizer changed into a phase dragon, then when I played that dragon the card was a lobotomizer again but as a creature instead of a weapon....so it was like playing the lobotomizer+flying weapon in one card. Didn't pay attention to how much quanta it cost.

Do you think it would be possible to add the mouse-over preview card function to the spinner screen? There are so many times where I'll see a card I don't recognize and would like to know what it is.

Also, I was thinking about the PVP ranking system, and I like how you're basing it off how chess is ranked. But maybe the PVP ranking should be different from the points. Like maybe the first time you play a PVP match your rank is 1000 or whatever and goes up or down based on the rank of the person you played. I don't like the idea of losing PVP rank if you win a match though, unless you're given the choice to not play a match.

Would it be possible to remember the last deck a player won with? So we don't have these top 50 decks with only pillars.

Also, eternity is too powerful. You should only be able to use the ability ever other turn or something like that, and maybe reduce its damage.

Anyway, great job of the game, zan.

Yeah, I think there should be an additional PVP rank, because higher-ranked players will be forced to face AI, and lower-ranked players will play PVP to feed off higher ranks lol

But we'll see how upgraded cards changes the playing field....

@ r3h0ld3r: amount of quantum won is based on your health, higher your health when u kill them, the closer to the maximum quantum reward for that level. of course, if you beat them with 100HP, you get 2x the maximum quantum reward.

Hello! I would like to report a bug.

If you have two instances of the game interface open, neither is aware of updates the other is making to your account data (cards, cash, wins, etc).

So if for example, you log in at work, play a bit, then go home without logging out, and then play a bunch at home -- when you get back to work, if you start playing again you'll notice none of the stuff you earned at home is there. And the first time you navigate around it'll autosave and overwrite all your at-home progress. Obviously this bug is beyond the scope of normal use, but yes a friend of mine actually did this!

It's easily duplicatable, just open two elements clients and then buy a couple cards in both. If you navigate around, you'll see the two decks now have different cards, but will still allow you to play normally.

I think the issue it that the client is only loading deck/stat data at startup, and never checks to see if it has changed. Perhaps a way to counteract this would be some sort of login check that only allows an account to be logged in once simultaneously.

Thanks for this great game and best of luck with wherever you decide to take it.