dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 60 of 96 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

  1. #1181
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    92
    Trust me I tried you can't just keep the game up. You have to back out and possibly restart your comp multiple times(I had to do it twice). So just hope that you can get a discord sometime in the future.

  2. #1182
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5
    I lucked out and was able to save my game once everything came back online... woot!
    Last edited by Meanone; 07-30-2009 at 04:27 PM.

  3. #1183
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta711 View Post
    Also to the person who made the card list, Thank you very much for that too.
    YW! Just copied and pasted out of my excel spreadsheet.

    Quote Originally Posted by jtravisp View Post
    I have noticed that the computer will always use Parallel Universe on the opponent's creatures, even if one of it's own would be a better choice. Has everyone else notice this? This makes those decks much easier to beat when they are computer controlled.
    I always try and drop a fire dragon before the comp plays his PUs- that way I can get several with rain of fire!

  4. #1184
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta711 View Post
    Also to the person who made the card list, Thank you very much for that too.
    I did the Gravity - Light tables, but i don't have any image of the cards. Can anyone add them?

    And while you're at it, check the typos I sure did :-p

  5. #1185
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12
    Bored of aether, i'm trying different decks and i just learned taht:
    1. nightfall don't stack with itself
    2. Skeletons (created via Boneyard) that die don't create another skeleton

    Are these bugs or desired nerfs to the bone deck?

    PS is Nightfall the only thing that doesn't stack with itsdelf?

  6. #1186
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    Hi Great game. Been playing it for a week or so now... a few notes:

    - Please ohh please make it possible to save different decks and switch between saved decks - will make it soo much easier to try different stuff (eg. avoid it becomming boring)

    - I would make the rare items even more rare. Give us something to strive for. Within 1 week ive gotten most items ingame - with all items it will become boring at one time or another. For comparison, ive been playing another game for 6 years now... why? Because I havent gotten the best stuff or uber skills yet. It takes time, but it also gives you a real sense of accomplishment when you achieve something. I read somewhere that you plan to make some rare cards buyable for eg. 2k. Why not make that 100 k ?

  7. #1187
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    77
    @Kaythal

    1. That is an issue that has been brought up many times and Nightfall had its' cost to play reduced to make it more playable - not likely to be stackable in the future (can it ever be double night-time outside?)

    2. This is not a nerf, something dies the Boneyard brings the skeleton of that creature up a 1/1... makes sense to me that a Skeleton that is killed (I picture broken/busted up) should not make a new Skeleton.


    @Sbi3

    1. For now your only way to do multiple decks same account is to write them down and just swap the cards back and forth (plus Mark change if needed) when you want to change decks. It isn't so bad really, MUCH better than having multiple accounts thereby dividing your rares all over the place.

    2. Ever so often new cards come out, adds interest and shifts balance of power around to prevent "boredom" etc... You have acquired x6 of all cards AND rares within 1 week? That is hard for me to believe, and is definitely not the common situation for players that new. The only thing that gets boring for me in Elements? - using pure Aether, BLECH! *gag me* Also, new quests are coming out soon along with more cards and some bug fixes (as I have been told/understand).


    --rob77dp

  8. #1188
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    @rob77dp

    True, it can be done, swiching cards around. And Ive done that. But still, it would be sweet to have the option to save decks and switch between them.

    As for collecting cards, no I havent got 6 of each yet. But I do have most rare types and 4-6 of several of them. My point is, the game will be most exciting when there is something new and 'hard' to strive for...

  9. #1189
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbi3 View Post
    @rob77dp

    True, it can be done, swiching cards around. And Ive done that. But still, it would be sweet to have the option to save decks and switch between them.

    As for collecting cards, no I havent got 6 of each yet. But I do have most rare types and 4-6 of several of them. My point is, the game will be most exciting when there is something new and 'hard' to strive for...
    Well there is going to be upgraded cards coming out soon so you can strive to get all those as it'll cost 1.5K just to get one card.

  10. #1190
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4

    Potential AI Improvements

    Hi,

    I created an article "Potential AI Improvements" in the Elements Wiki where we could collect possible improvements for the artificial intelligence. Sometimes the CPU does some stupid things. Perhaps this helps to enhance the experience playing against the computer. The list might even help beginners. ;-)

    Kind regards,
    Magoo

    PS: Please excuse my bad English.

  11. #1191
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    Well there is going to be upgraded cards coming out soon so you can strive to get all those as it'll cost 1.5K just to get one card.
    I know Too cheap though really. Id rather see the really rare cards sell for 100k as written above. To promote the 'whooooha, did you SEE THAT CARD? Freaking AWESOME!! I one one of those one day'-effect.

  12. #1192
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbi3 View Post
    I know Too cheap though really. Id rather see the really rare cards sell for 100k as written above. To promote the 'whooooha, did you SEE THAT CARD? Freaking AWESOME!! I one one of those one day'-effect.
    100k coin for any card is so ridiculous, I considered not even replying. However, I feel it necessary to say that if that were the case, there would still as yet be nobody with even ONE of the 100k-to-buy cards. With that being the case, I say 100k per any card = FAIL.

    The 1.5k coin thing is for upgrades to cards you currently have (I believe the exact coin cost to upgrade is not yet set in stone), so it is like buying some new card, but only partially as the card will still resemble one people have already seen/used.

    The game is so limited in its' card "database" (being a new game still coming out of beta), new cards to the collection is definitely the way to go to keep it interesting and feeling new. Making some ridiculous card(s) costing 100k coin is not the way to go (I hold the same opinion for making any new card that would cost any outrageous amount to buy).


    --rob77dp

  13. #1193
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    100k coin for any card is so ridiculous, I considered not even replying. However, I feel it necessary to say that if that were the case, there would still as yet be nobody with even ONE of the 100k-to-buy cards. With that being the case, I say 100k per any card = FAIL.

    The 1.5k coin thing is for upgrades to cards you currently have (I believe the exact coin cost to upgrade is not yet set in stone), so it is like buying some new card, but only partially as the card will still resemble one people have already seen/used.

    The game is so limited in its' card "database" (being a new game still coming out of beta), new cards to the collection is definitely the way to go to keep it interesting and feeling new. Making some ridiculous card(s) costing 100k coin is not the way to go (I hold the same opinion for making any new card that would cost any outrageous amount to buy).


    --rob77dp
    Well, I guess thats one way to see it. To put it in perspective I can inform you that ive been playing another game for around 6 years (!). Why? To improve my skills and get the top gear. Furthermore people are willing to pay several k$ for items. (Most expensive item so far was 100k$ - yes real life currency). With that in mind I really dont see the problem with having to wait perhaps 1-2 month to collect the coins to buy the card you really really want. It would surely be one way to keep players comming back for more.

  14. #1194
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    77
    Then maybe I am in the minority on this, but if I had to wait 2 months EVER to buy ONE card I wanted on Elements, it would make me seriously consider quitting or just never buy that card. That would be ridiculous for a free to play online card game.


    --rob77dp

  15. #1195
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4

    Card upgrades

    Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    Then maybe I am in the minority on this, but if I had to wait 2 months EVER to buy ONE card I wanted on Elements, it would make me seriously consider quitting or just never buy that card. That would be ridiculous for a free to play online card game.


    --rob77dp
    I absolutely agree with rob77dp. 100k would be way too much. That would probably also drive away many casual players (less than 4 hours per day ).

    How overpowered must a card be to be worth 100k? Like "Weapon: deal 4 + X damages at the end of every turn. X is the number of X you own, divided by 5."?
    Oh wait, that's Fahrenheit.

    Joking aside, what kind of card do you expect for 100k? It must come close to instant win.

    Magoo

    PS: Card idea: Sacrifice life points in trade for damage dealt to opponent.

  16. #1196
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    True, it would have to be a sweet item to be worth that. And don't get me wrong. I wouldnt like to see the majority of rare items to be worth this much. But I think it could be fun if a few items were up there for everyone to strive for.

  17. #1197
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12
    Bah, I like this game cos it's balanced.
    Atm rare cards simply bring new combos, and make a little stronger the existing combos.
    Any OMGWTFBBQ ultra-rare card will just ruin the balance and will make the game unplayable.

    If you want to create addiction to this game just make a new model for the existing rare cards and make em pay 20k each. This way the "addicted pros" will have their ego satisfied.

  18. #1198
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    95
    The top 50 is just getting annoying. There's 2 basic decks now. Take any deck and make it earth with 6 earthquakes or death and bone walls. Those 2 cards need to be balanced.

    Earthquake mostly. For one card cost and a quantum cost thats so low as to be negligible you can gain a two card advantage. And if your opponent is forced to discard because he has no quantums- that even makes it worse.

  19. #1199
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    The top 50 is just getting annoying. There's 2 basic decks now. Take any deck and make it earth with 6 earthquakes or death and bone walls. Those 2 cards need to be balanced.

    Earthquake mostly. For one card cost and a quantum cost thats so low as to be negligible you can gain a two card advantage. And if your opponent is forced to discard because he has no quantums- that even makes it worse.
    I absolutely agree with this. In the last 10 games i played against top 50 decks, there were 5 decks which used some variation of the bone walls.

    The problem with bone wall is that it doesnt get destroyed with deflagaration or steal like say dimensional shield, so the strategies people normally use to get rid of dimensional shields doesnt work with bone walls. I think that is unbalanced.

  20. #1200
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by hull View Post
    I absolutely agree with this. In the last 10 games i played against top 50 decks, there were 5 decks which used some variation of the bone walls.

    The problem with bone wall is that it doesnt get destroyed with deflagaration or steal like say dimensional shield, so the strategies people normally use to get rid of dimensional shields doesnt work with bone walls. I think that is unbalanced.
    No, thats not the problem of bone wall, thats the purpose of it. To negate deflag/steal's effect. The strategy people use to normally get rid of dim shield doesn't work (obviously, the strat is for dimshield), but the strategy to get rid of bonewall is to put creatures on the field (that's usually how you win the game too). If your deck can't put creatures on the field, your deck can't win against bonewall, nor can it win versus 90% of other decks.

    Top 50 decks are hard because they're TOP 50. They're not supposed to be a walk in the park. And they're similar because the most effective decks atm are aether and denial (may change with update).

    Nothing unbalanced, I hate how nowadays, every time someone loses they scream OP!!!! lol

    /rant

    If you think all top50 decks are denial decks, why don't you make a pillarless deck. Novas are still viable, and Immolation can play a crimson dragon first turn. That makes 5-6 EQs in their deck useless.
    Last edited by Disaru; 08-01-2009 at 01:27 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center