A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    No, thats not the problem of bone wall, thats the purpose of it. To negate deflag/steal's effect. The strategy people use to normally get rid of dim shield doesn't work (obviously, the strat is for dimshield), but the strategy to get rid of bonewall is to put creatures on the field (that's usually how you win the game too). If your deck can't put creatures on the field, your deck can't win against bonewall, nor can it win versus 90% of other decks.

Top 50 decks are hard because they're TOP 50. They're not supposed to be a walk in the park. And they're similar because the most effective decks atm are aether and denial (may change with update).

Nothing unbalanced, I hate how nowadays, every time someone loses they scream OP!!!! lol

/rant

If you think all top50 decks are denial decks, why don't you make a pillarless deck. Novas are still viable, and Immolation can play a crimson dragon first turn. That makes 5-6 EQs in their deck useless.
    Fair enough mate, I guess they are valid points. To me though, bone wall is still one very annoying card to be playing against. I can put creatures out, but when the computer is feeding its BW to the max every turn its frustrating.

For the record, I never said all top 50 decks are denial decks, I was simply saying it seemed to me that there was a high amount with bone walls.

Hello, just a bit of a request. Accidentally sold a NaN card, so I'd like it if you could reset my gold back to 0. My username ingame is LeeEzekiel as well. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaythal View Post
    Bah, I like this game cos it's balanced.
    Atm rare cards simply bring new combos, and make a little stronger the existing combos.
    Any OMGWTFBBQ ultra-rare card will just ruin the balance and will make the game unplayable.

If you want to create addiction to this game just make a new model for the existing rare cards and make em pay 20k each. This way the "addicted pros" will have their ego satisfied.
    Noone ever said it would have to be unbalanced did they? I believe people would do a lot for even small improvements to the 'regular' cards. Can all be balanced (balance is also ensured by making the card hard to get = you wont likely have 6 of them in the deck).

A wish for game developers: Can you make the 'Your cards' area bigger so there is room for all cards?
    Last edited by Sbi3; 08-01-2009 at 03:00 AM.

enhancement request:

currently, max card limit is equal to number of cards you can have at start of round (8)

thus if you have 8 cards on hand (7 +1 drawn this round), but none of them are playable, there is absolutely nothing you can do.

trying to use the golden hourglass fails (as there is no place to put new card)

optimal solution: increase maximum hand size (to say 10), but force to discard down to 7 at end of round anyway

playing a Time deck, so i can pull out hourglasses, but i have very few other time cards so in a no-pillar draw this becomes a massive problem (i would have gotten other pillars with increased card draw, hopefully, but currently can't even do that)

From my experience so far, I must say that the beta of the update is EXCELLENT! Well done and thanks Zanz

Where can I find the beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    If your deck can't put creatures on the field, your deck can't win against bonewall, nor can it win versus 90% of other decks.
    I just wait and firebolt around them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaru
    Top 50 decks are hard because they're TOP 50. They're not supposed to be a walk in the park. And they're similar because the most effective decks atm are aether and denial (may change with update).

Nothing unbalanced, I hate how nowadays, every time someone loses they scream OP!!!! lol
    Its not any specific deck type. It's 2 cards. Take a firefly queen deck, switch to death elemental and throw in a few bone walls, or earth and earthquakes. The deck is hugely improved. It's annoying to always face those 2 cards in nearly every deck. Not that I can't beat the computer. But the best indicator of a card being overpowered is- does it fit into every other deck there is?

Quote Originally Posted by hull View Post
    Thanks for the link!

Wow... Looked around. Looks really interesting. A couple thoughts...

Fire got totally nerfed. The spells got cheaper but same damage and since the most annoying creatures (pest and a couple others) defense went up to 4- it will take 2 firestorms to kill them or an extra 10 fire mana in reserve for firebolt.

Does earthquake destroy towers as well as pillars? (haven't played enough to find out)

Is there any difference in the cards that don't appear to have changed from regular to upgraded such as flying weapon? I thought maybe could have 6 of each but that doesn't work...

Would an improved steal be able to steal a non-upgraded non-stealable card?

Card idea: something that would change a "normal" card to the elite version for the current game

Name suggestions:

Lycanthrope - Werewolf
    Vulture - Condor
    Bone Dragon - Dracolich
    Skeleton - zombie (maybe new art?)
    Plague - Bubonic Plague
    Cockatrice - Basilisk
    Farenheit - Celcius
    Pegasus - War Pegasus

OK... 'nuff for now!

I think if you win the cointoss and may begin, thats to great of an advantage. Why dont balance that, like it is done in Magic the Gathering. The Player who begins just gets 7 cards. I think thats a really important balance issue.

Additionally i think, it should be possible to save more than one deck. I see many new players who create multiple accounts, to try different colors, and loose motivation because of that, especially because that way, they aren't able to collect rares.

The reason why my motivation went away is the really buggy pvp mode. I had one mulitcolor deck, with which i could play one single game without any bugs.

Btw you should create a "surrender" button in pvp. So if a player sees himself beat, he just clicks it and the game ends for both. So the winner doesn't have to wait over a minute till the time went to zero and plays the already won game against the AI.

I have Question, too.
    Where can i test the "Upgrade Card Feature" in the new Beta ? Is it in the Baazar?

Quote Originally Posted by NeverBee View Post
    I think if you win the cointoss and may begin, thats to great of an advantage. Why dont balance that, like it is done in Magic the Gathering. The Player who begins just gets 7 cards. I think thats a really important balance issue.

Additionally i think, it should be possible to save more than one deck. I see many new players who create multiple accounts, to try different colors, and loose motivation because of that, especially because that way, they aren't able to collect rares.

The reason why my motivation went away is the really buggy pvp mode. I had one mulitcolor deck, with which i could play one single game without any bugs.

Btw you should create a "surrender" button in pvp. So if a player sees himself beat, he just clicks it and the game ends for both. So the winner doesn't have to wait over a minute till the time went to zero and plays the already won game against the AI.

I have Question, too.
    Where can i test the "Upgrade Card Feature" in the new Beta ? Is it in the Baazar?
    Winning the coin toss can be a disadvantage if both players have only 30 cards- if the game stalemates, the player who goes first will lose.

I agree about saving multiple decks, hope to see a feature like that someday.

The surrender button is a good idea too.

Also- upgrade cards is under quests.

Another idea I thought of- instead of pillars showing up in slot machine, add a special that if you get all three it upgrades a random un-upgraded card in your deck!

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    Winning the coin toss can be a disadvantage if both players have only 30 cards- if the game stalemates, the player who goes first will lose.
    I dont think thats an argument. If you want to have that advantage of not getting stacked fisrt, just put 31 cards in your deck. But really, how often does that happen, i think it happend 1 time too me and i played lots of games, and only because i drawed 5 cards er turn with the hourcalss and my opponent healed himself to 99 two times.

The guys from Wizard of the Cost (Magic the Gathering) know why they give the the 2nd player one more card. It would be overpowered for the starting player otherwise.

I do still think, its VERY important to fix this ! Beginning is to great of an advantage !

It happens a lot if you've played earthquake/dissipation shield/bone wall type decks against each other. Even phase shield to a lesser extent. Empathic bonds/miracles and keep both players alive until decks run out as well.

But why keep a massive imbalance because of that, when you can combat it simply by getting more cards in your deck. The game isn't designed for just 30 cards. So if you want to play with just the minimum to get your important cards quicker, pay the price

Quote Originally Posted by NeverBee View Post
    But why keep a massive imbalance because of that, when you can combat it simply by getting more cards in your deck. The game isn't designed for just 30 cards. So if you want to play with just the minimum to get your important cards quicker, pay the price
    30 cards gives better control of your starting hand and card draws. more cards dilutes your deck and increases your odds of getting mana screwed or just as bad- all your good cards on the bottom half of the deck and never drawn.

It's a tradeoff.

Just a couple of thoughts on game balance.

The more I'm playing the game and trying new deck strategies, I think the game is as balanced as you're going to get. There's no one deck build that can consistently beat every other deck. I've had my gripes about a couple of things (poison, eternity), but I think Zanz has done a really good job with the game balance. Just when I think I've made the 'unbeatable' deck, I'll play a T50 or PVP deck that will own me. My first response after having my a$$ handed to me is to gripe about the element of the game that beat me. But so far, you can ALWAYS build a deck that will be able to beat any other deck. In my opinion, that's the definition of balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    30 cards gives better control of your starting hand and card draws. more cards dilutes your deck and increases your odds of getting mana screwed or just as bad- all your good cards on the bottom half of the deck and never drawn.

It's a tradeoff.
    I agree. Except it's not a tradeoff. You always want as few cards as possible. Consistency matters. A lot. If necessary you can put in more. Typically I would add removal for extra or more pillars. UNless you run some sort of stalll deck, then you can run 60.

I think it would be good to have more creatures with momentum. It would help the large amount of bone walls.

elements is a cool game, i just have a few gripes.

Rares are extremely overpowered if only one side has them. Please remove them from the level 1-3 decks, as it makes it very frustrating if you are just starting out.
    Also can you make it possible to get your faction rare (just 1) through a quest.

new bug

i seem to be having 8 rows of the card Eternity, with diffrent quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by redaku View Post
    elements is a cool game, i just have a few gripes.

Rares are extremely overpowered if only one side has them. Please remove them from the level 1-3 decks, as it makes it very frustrating if you are just starting out.
    Also can you make it possible to get your faction rare (just 1) through a quest.
    rares aren't as overpowered as you think but they could be removed from level 1 at least to help new players out but it shouldn't be too much of a pronlem. Also if it was removed form level 3 then it'd be impossible to win new rares when they come out.

Alsi in the next update you CAN get a free rare through a quest but you need to have 500 points.