A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard123 View Post
    A PUBLIC APOLOGY

I messed up. The forums were a good idea, but not with me as admin. They are now closed. I'm sorry that they only lasted for a few weeks. I'm sure most people from them can guess what one of the major reasons for me closing them was - please don't say what it was. I just hope that warr doesn't break out because I have closed them. The other reason is, as people may or may not know, I simply don't have time. I though that I would when I set them up, but I didn't. I should have said that they were in a precarious position at the outset. Do not try to change my mind, it is made up. I may start a new one at a (much) later date. If anyone wants to start one of their own, please don't let me stop you. I will probably be in chat from time to time, but not very often.

Again, I apologise. (hangs head in shame)
    It really is a shame that a message board like this cannot maintain itself because of some people's immaturity. But I agree with everyone else that responded. Pass the torch to someone else. No need to snuff the flame out completely. I completely understand about the time restraints. Shoot, I didn't have enough time to keep up with half of the legitimate threads, let alone the spam threads. But if getting a few moderators itsn't doable, at least find someone else to administer it. That board got waaaay too much traffic just to shut down completely. Just my thoughts, anyway. Thanks for all the time you did put into it.

If Pilchard cant run it, I'll start a new one. But it would stink to lose all the good work put in that one. Preferable would be to just have a few mods.

I think that perhaps Pilchard should at least put the entire forum as "read only" status, so that all of the information wouldn't be lost. I've encounted many up and coming new players on Kongregate, and I've tried to help the best I can, but without a forum to refer them to, there isn't much I can do.

I'd love to see the original forum up and running again, with new mods/admins that have the time and energy to keep order and run the forum effectively.

Hey Pilch no need to be disapointed. Thing is there is no need for a new forum. pass admin to someone of your choosing. it be nice , if you could do it as fast as possible too. losing all info would be pretty bad since alot of work went in it.

I wasn't implying I wanted to start a new forum. I would much rather continue the one we had. That would be the best option. However we DO need a forum!

marauder68, I can help you if you want, i've a bit of experience with forum implantation and administration.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    I wasn't implying I wanted to start a new forum. I would much rather continue the one we had. That would be the best option. However we DO need a forum!
    wasn´t refering to your post as much as some have said zans is looking into it.Wich could mean a new forum as far as I know.
    like all of us agree on is that a few mods is all that we really need.

We just need a forum, moderated to avoid spammers, floders and trolls, like warr.
    The only thing that pichard forum lack was this moderation, and its can be easily arranged.

The problem is deciding on who should be promoted as moderators. Not everyone is up to the task, and some may even abuse the power.

so those who abuse it get it taken away??

The problem is deciding on who should be promoted as moderators. Not everyone is up to the task, and some may even abuse the power.
    So he remove the moderator privilege.
    This risk is better than having no forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tpiardi View Post
    marauder68, I can help you if you want, i've a bit of experience with forum implantation and administration.
    No need to start building a new forum yet. I'm sure Pilchard will reopen the old one and just appoint a couple of moderators. He was using a free forum service so he has nothing to lose by reopening it. And if he later wants to jump back in, he can easily do it. It's a win-win situation.

I don't think that we would have a problem finding mods. I can list 5 or 6 people that would make good mods if they felt up to it.

Also, like cisco said, zanz is looking into the matter. Don't go starting a new forum just yet.

Pichard, I have to say I am extremely disappointed with you. All the forum needed was a few additional mods and perhaps another admin. Closing down the forums is extremely unecessary. If you wanted to step down, you should have passed the position along, not screw the rest of us over by denying us a place to communicate about the game. Murader, if the forum is not reinstated, I would be happy to help create a new one. Let me know what I can do to help (I have expierence as a mod/admin on the stickstrike forums if you need that, or anything else I could possibly help with.)

Banned
    <edit>

stop the spam
    The flashkit forums are not a recruitment center

Frets
    Super Moderator

</edit>

Well it's been a whole weekend and I haven't heard anything. I still hope Pilchard will open the other forum back up soon. The community does need a forum, however. So I created one.

http://elementsforum.smfforfree3.com/

I plan to have a couple mods appointed by the end of the week and possibly another administrator. And I will never just lock it down- if I can't run it anymore I WILL pass the baton to somebody else.

Well it's been a whole weekend and I haven't heard anything. I still hope Pilchard will open the other forum back up soon. The community does need a forum, however. So I created one.

I plan to have a couple mods appointed by the end of the week and possibly another administrator. And I will never just lock it down- if I can't run it anymore I WILL pass the baton to somebody else.
    Ever since Pilchard closed down the forums, everyone and their mother has been starting all kinds of forums. I think this is the 3rd one I've seen. This is not what we need right now. It's only been a couple of days and we haven't yet heard anything from Pilchard or Zanz. If Pilchard doesn't reopen the old forum, lets wait what Zanz says.

So please everyone stop making these new forums with 1-2 posts until we know for sure what the "official" forum will be. Thank you.

I haven't seen any others. And I still would prefer Pilchard to "hand off" the reins of the existing forum. It's easy to do- just add a name to the administrator group. There was a lot of good work in that forum.

I plan to have a couple mods appointed by the end of the week and possibly another administrator.
    I'm not trying to do the 'my forum is better than yours, yours is rubbish, nobody should use it' thing here - just thought I should say that first.

Marauder - if you want to and are able to do it, I'll put you as the admin on 'my' forum. Not that I can really call it mine anymore. The only thing is - do you hve an account? If so, what is it? (I'm in GMT, so I may not be able to do it straight after you answer)

And I will never just lock it down- if I can't run it anymore I WILL pass the baton to somebody else.
    Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to shut it down completely either. I just didn't think of handing over to someone else.

I know it may have sounded that way- but I wasn't on a power trip or something. The forum was just a great resource for the community and i didn't want to see it lost.