dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Double clicking opens two .swfs, why?

Double clicking opens two .swfs, why?

Here's a weird problem.

I build a .fla project, and publish a .swf.

If I double click the .swf to play, it opens two .swfs, the one I'm double clicking and one from a previous project.

WTF?

If I drag the .swf directly to the stand alone Flash Player then no problem, just the one movie.

I could deal with this except now I've sent a client a .swf, and when he double clicks it opens the .swf he clicked on, and one from a previous project I sent that is on his hard drive.

Any suggestions?

Flash CS4, Mac Intel Xeon, OSX 10.5.6

CA

so im assuming you have a play button or something? can you post the relevant code?
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

Clearer Explanation

I don't think I described the problem well.

I create Project1.fla, then I publish it, Project1.swf, onto the desktop. It plays just fine when I double click the .swf on the desktop.

Now I create Project2.fla, then I publish it to the desktop as Project2.swf. Now I go to the desktop, double click on the .swf file called Project2.swf.

Two movies open at once, Project1.swf on bottom, and Project2.swf on top. I can hear Project1.swf sound track while playing Project2.swf. I can actually drag the movies apart, then close Project1.swf. If I click close on Project2.swf without dragging them apart they both close.

This happens even when the projects are in completely separate files instead of the desktop.

If I drag the .swf icon directly to the Flash Player on my computer then this doesn't happen, only the selected movie plays.

It's not a code problem per se, it's some king of bug or anomaly.

So you open one swf and it opens two swfs in separate player windows? One of the swfs just happen to be in the same directory? Can you post two swfs as an example? Cause that's WACK!
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection