A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: using air application from web browser

using air application from web browser

Hi,
    I made air application which contain drag and drop functionality. The application works fine when I run it from flash. I'm trying to use this application on web site but unfortunately when I'm trying to run the application I get error:

VerifyError: Error #1014: Class flash.events::NativeDragEvent could not be found.

It looks like Flash Player don't know this class.

Is there some way to use AIR application from web browser ???

Couple of things...

When you set up your Flex project, did you select the Application Type as Web Application or Desktop Application? AIR applications are specifically for the desktop. I assume you are attempting to drag/drop from your desktop to upload to a server?

Drag/Drop from desktop to Browser (Web Application) shouldn't work... but Drag/Drop from desktop to Air should.

Additionally, you may need to import your class at the beginning of the mxml file as such:
    import flash.events.*;

Hi,
    Thank You for Your reply. This is my first application that's why I didn't know that some classes of AIR can't be used in web applications but only in desktop applications. One of them is drag and drop but this problem I already solved.
    I have another problem with my application but I described that in another post :
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=795419