A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Cricket Thread

Banned

Rajasthan cut Kaif from final squad

Mohammad Kaif has been left out of Rajasthan Royals' final squad which will remain in South Africa for the IPL 2009 season. However, he may return if there are injuries to other members of the team.

The other six players who are returning to India are Dinesh Salunkhe, Paras Dogra, Anup Revandkar, Srideep Mangela, Ashraf Makda and Azhar Malik. Salunkhe was the legspinner who was included in the 2008 squad through a TV talent-hunt show.

Kaif was Rajasthan Royals' most expensive buy at $675,000 during the first auction in 2008. He played all 16 matches in Rajasthan's victorious campaign in the inaugural IPL but scored only 176 runs at an average of 16.

"It has always been a target to pick a final squad of 17-18 players, and this year we have an even stronger squad than last year," Manoj Badale, the owner of the franchise said. "It is disappointing to have to let go of any players, as they are all stars in our view. Much of the attention will focus on Mohammed Kaif, who has been a key part of our success to date - not just as a batsman, but as a role model for our younger Indian players. He has been extremely supportive of the decision, which says a lot about him as a person. Injuries and new conditions mean that the player's participation later in the tournament is not ruled out."

Welcome to Flashkit. I believe you were looking for CricketKit.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Banned

No Pakistani Cricketers in IPL 2009

There will be no Pakistani cricketers in the second edition of Indian Premier League. Pakistan has barred its players from playing in the IPL T20 2009, citing reasons of ongoing tension between both countries after march 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.

The Pakistan Cricket Board has taken this decision after Pakistan's Foreign Ministry decided against sending Pakistani cricketers to India.

Five Pakistani players - Yasir Arafat, Danish Kaneria, Yasir Hameed, Asim Kamal and Mohammad Hafeez were blocked by the Pakistan government from visiting India to attend the IPL Second Auction in Goa on February 10.

i wonder if there is like a Cricket forum over in pakistan, and everyone is talking about cricket and **** and one day a guy signs up from america to talk flash.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Definitely, this particular conversation is ok here at Flashkit in the Coffee Lounge?

Just generic convo, we do it. Don't participate if you don't like.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Just for fun i just went to a pakastani Cricket forum and dropped a flash question in thier off topic section. Lets see what happens.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    ...this is pretty old news really if they did not go to auction back in February...have you been asleep (or away) for 6 weeks, aniket325? If so, everybody else is over in South Africa playing 20/20 cricket ...and it is pretty boring without the capacity Indian crowds to add some atmosphere to what is essentially a slog fest.

It is too bad that politics has thrown a shadow over the game and nobody will happily go and play cricket on the sub-continent.

And silver, the lounge is FULL of non-flash topics...deliberately.

davidp

oh, and a bit more current news ...Pakistan is still able to play some cricket. They beat Australia in the first one day match in Dubai.
    Last edited by david petley; 04-22-2009 at 05:59 PM.
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2 View Post
    i wonder if there is like a Cricket forum over in pakistan, and everyone is talking about cricket and **** and one day a guy signs up from america to talk flash.
    Ya, 'cause we never talk about American or UK sports in here.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Quote Originally Posted by PAlexC View Post
    Ya, 'cause we never talk about American or UK sports in here.
    when was the last time you signed up on a forum that wasnt about the topic you are talking about, specifically to create a thread about said topic.

In this case, a flash based forum, to post about pakastani cricket teams.

I came to FK asking about 3D.

Just sayin'...

fair enough. 3d and cricket are basically the same thing anyways

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2 View Post
    fair enough. 3d and cricket are basically the same thing anyways
    both can be boring unless you're participating.

Banned

Kolkata send Chopra, Bangar back home

Kolkata Knight Riders have asked Aakash Chopra and Sanjay Bangar to return home, saying they don't fit into the team's scheme of things for the second edition of the Indian Premier League.

KKR CEO Joy Bhattacharya said the decision was taken after the team management's meeting with the two players who accepted the decision and would board a home-bound flight on Monday.

"They are two very good senior international players so (coach) John Buchanan and the team management thought that if they are not going to have the opportunity (to play) it is unfair to keep them around," Bhattacharya was quoted as saying.

Anyhow does it going to help or ease matters for KKR which is already way down in the points table

Banned

Official Cricket Thread

Paceman RP Singh was on Monday rewarded for his consistent performance in the ongoing IPL with a recall while fellow speedster Munaf Patel was dropped from India's 15-member squad for next month's T20 World Cup in England. Wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik, who figured in India's squad that played the last Twenty20 in New Zealand in February-end, has also been dropped from the squad which has no major surprises.

Jesus, can't we just have ONE thread with this rubbish news that no one cares about? We seriously don't need a new thread by a new member who doesn't care for anything else but a random sport that very few people on here care for.

cool story bro

lol 5 years away and STILL FK is being plauged by Cricket news
    Been a while since I was here! Might just stay around this time! | Check out my Deviations - all comments welcomed!

Banned

Wright reverses Hamilton to be successful

Former Scotland captain Craig Wright has backed new skipper Gavin Hamilton to be a success in his role ahead of the ICC T20 World Cup.

Scotland has yet to win a match in the Friends Provident Trophy this season, England’s domestic one-day competition, with the latest defeat coming against Warwickshire on Saturday.

Scotland is in Group D at the ICC World Twenty20 2009 with New Zealand and South Africa.

Hmm can I be the first to say it???
    STFU!! It's getting annoying now!
    Been a while since I was here! Might just stay around this time! | Check out my Deviations - all comments welcomed!