A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Writing to and editing local txt file

Unhappy

I have managed to get a projector to create a text file that contains information from a single text field. When the app is reopened the information is called into the fields.

However what I need to do is create the text file and then be able edit the text fields and hit 'save' and the text file is updated.

This is going to be part of a project where the information is then sent off using a formail when somebody is online and they click 'send'.

The 'save' button uses the exec command and is the 'write to a file' FLA available in the movies section.

OK done that...

Right by splitting the movie into an edit and view section I have managed to get the editing and saving thing working, but it won't save any information that contains spaces i.e 'myname' is fine 'my name' kills the whole thing.

Obviously it is possible to send off variables with gaps.

Any ideas

Smile

Hey there,
    Can you post how you got your piece to create the local .txt file? I'm working on something much like that myself, and you would be muchas helpfull

Thanks

Yes - how do you get Flash to send data to a text file -- that's the Holy Grail for me. I'm trying to get Flash to save info in a text file. I'm working on an educational game that can be run w/o a web server i.e. from a CD or a users hard drive. I need Flash to save a student's results in a text file. Can this be done w/ Flash?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Check out http://www.ashzfall.com/products/afsaver/
    I think you will find what you are looking for

You can also check out http://www.swifftools.com and look at Canvas it may be the solution you are looking for. Regards, Bill