dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: VALUE BLiND :: My first year film @ CalArts!

Hybrid View

VALUE BLiND :: My first year film @ CalArts!

Hey Everyone!
    Well I survived my first [AMAZING] year at CalArts as a Character Animator! Here's my film, VALUE BLiND, which took me about two and a half months to make.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLhSthSLkOc
    There are two definite interpretations of the film, but more than anything I want everyone who watches it to have their own interpretation so it has meaning to them.
    And if you can't think of a meaning, then I hope you at least enjoy watching it It got into the 2009 Producers' Show, which was exciting!
    All C/C welcome!

After the credits at the end, my first thought was -- that's a lot of people to make a simple film! I enjoyed the animation, and it obviously has some allegorical meaning, but it was all a bit vague for my tastes. Congratulations on getting it into the 2009 Producers' Show!

Thanks! Actually they did not make the film-- I made the film from start to finish (all story, layout, design, animation, compositing, etc). The musicians are listed on there, and then all the Special Thanks names listed were either for emotional support or contributed somehow to the film-making process (either by technical support, opinions, story ideas or animation critiques).
    You can interpret the film however you want.... but my initial intent was for it to be a metaphor for people to become more open-minded.

I like your idea of splashing paints that morph into things, also the 'panning of camera' was real smooth. The anim is not really my style as i'd preferred color more than BW.

i read ur anim as working as a team is better than working alone.... mainly because in the end, working together seems more productive. dunno

awesome stuff dude. i luv the bird and mice morphing. great work. nice story too
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Thanks guys
    Just got the site put together, I explained the symbolism and the process of making it a bit. Enjoy
    http://www.tahnee.org/valueblind/