A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Palm Pre?

I got one today and I really like it.

Remember, this is my first "smart phone" so I dont have much to compare to other than fiddling around with an iPhone here and there.

The touch screen is really responsive and accurate. The OS is snappy and easy to get the hang of. The camera is great...syncing with my email/IM/facebook was easy and now they are all in one big group which is awesome.

I dont really have anything negative to say other than the keyboard is small and will take some getting used to but I still like it a lot better than the virtual keyboards I've used. Also, the number of apps available at launch is laughable. Pandora and Accuweather are the only two i nabbed.

The phone is also a lot smaller than I thought, it feels good and contrary to what I've read, I dont think it feels cheap in any way...it feels light and solid in my opinion.

I'm really happy with my purchase so far and I expect it to only get better with future OS updates and more apps.

i've only been reading good things about the phone.
    Seems like the keyboard is getting the most complains, but other than that, it looks like Palm's back. I hope they killed the freaking 'iphone' and all of their baby fanboys.

Let's see what apple shows today.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

i bet when steve jobs dies they will use his ashes to create a limited edition MPB.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I've read nothing but good things about it. Making the apps JS based means a lot of iPhone developers can re-create stuff with minimal effort, and you have more indie developers available. Give it time, their app store will fill out.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

It won't give you 30 lives but it will get you something else...

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/10/t...e-konami-code/
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    The best thing about that video is that the dude din't even know the code: "Uhhhhh.....right....."

Nice little phone there, congrats CI...

So when does verizon get a decent phone?

I just looked through VerizonWireless site to see what they have to offer these days. Oh boy enV 2, 3, and touch are all available and all the touch screen versions like the Voyager, Dare, Versa etc, etc which are all pretty much the same phones...*Yawn*

Only one that looks ok is the Samsung Omnia.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 06-10-2009 at 01:18 PM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

i bought the blackberry storm a few weeks ago. they just released an update that fixed all of my personal gripes with it.

That's what I have.... I really like it. Kinda slow on the typing, but not really that bad.

did you get todays update? it really helps with editing messages you are typing.

got it earlier today actually...

Nokia also announced the E72 yesterday. Doesn't changed much from the E71, but it fixes a lot of things, and honestly, the E71 is the best phone I've ever owned.

I don't know which one I want more now: N97, Palm Pre, E72.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by argonauta View Post
    Nokia also announced the E72 yesterday. Doesn't changed much from the E71, but it fixes a lot of things, and honestly, the E71 is the best phone I've ever owned.

I don't know which one I want more now: N97, Palm Pre, E72.
    N97's pretty meh. It's lacking a lot of lustre. I don't see it as being a flagship phone as they're trying to make it out to be, but usually Nokia seems to be the trendsetter, while people follow regardless of the price or product. E72 is nice with the new camera and all, but again nothing breakthrough. I'd be more interested in the Nokia phones that are meant to launch with newer updated hardware.

But neither bother me, since we wont get either here for a while. I've been trying to get the N86 here for so long.. and yknow what they *JUST* sent out to us instead? N85. I don't know if US gets the N86 either. They should be working on that one, it'll end up being a flagship phone.