A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite mario?

Your favorite mario?

so, what's your favorite Mario game? Any game where mario makes an appearance is allowed (smash bros, mario kart, party, paper mario, donkey kong, etc).

For me, Mario Bros 3 is the best, cool worlds, cool music, cool suits and power ups.
    Super Mario World is second, because Yoshi is cool.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Mario 3 and Mario 64 are a tie for me. I recently started replaying Yoshi's Island(mario world 2) on my psp and that is such a classic.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

never really a fan of platform games

mario kart?

Mario Galaxy

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    Super Mario 3 was amazing. One of my absolute favorites. I'd have to say on the Wii it's a tie between Super Paper Mario and Mario Kart.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Mario Kart for SNES was my favorite of that series. Ghost is such a classic map.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by jasonsplace View Post
    Super Mario 3 was amazing. One of my absolute favorites. I'd have to say on the Wii it's a tie between Super Paper Mario and Mario Kart.
    agreed. super paper mario for the wii was a blast... I never finished it, i think i'll look for it used.

My #1 would be Mario 64. But Mario kart for the Wii is slowly taking over. Damn that thing is addictive. Your always saying "Just one more race then I'll shut it off".

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Paper Mario for Wii was just... too much story. Every time you accomplished anything, there was a 5 minute cut scene of just story to read that you can't skip. I enjoy stories in games, but I don't want to READ the story. The game should just progressively tell it. And it's not that I'm not a fan of long games, I'm just really not a fan of reading. I want to play the damn thing!

But #1 Mario has to be Mario 3 for NES. I played that thing for months straight as a kid. Literally. I tore that thing up.

a piglet who loves Opeth
    the 64's are the best. I don't like the newest one on Wii.

64, Wii Kart, then 3. have played galaxy and party but that didnt really suck me in.

a piglet who loves Opeth
    Of coarse it didn't. they both pretty much sucked. I suppose Wii Kart was ok though.

your out of your mind if you thought they sucked.

Almost every mario (cept sunshine, what a stupid game) is enjoyable, the same can be said for the Zelda series.

that makes it hard to choose a favoirte, but if i had to id go with the super mario that shipped with the Snes.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

It really depends on what you mean by favorite.
    Favorite use of the intellectual property or favorite game with mario in it?
    I'd have to say Mario RPG made the best use of the IP by immersing you into the lives of the characters instead of the animated cursor he is in most games.

My favorite game with Mario in it would be truly hard to decide on with conviction. Mario 64 taught the world how to make 3d games other than first person shooters. However, I've logged far more hours on the mario-kart series than just about any other console game. But Mario himself is a very small part of those games so you could say they're my favorite game with "Mario" in the title.

On the flip side,
    The worst use of the character was probably Mario Teaches Typing. Really? With three fingers?

And the worst game with Mario in it is probably anything that appeared on the Virtual Boy.

Mario Kart 64!

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by random25 View Post
    Mario Kart 64!
    I have to say Mario Kart Wii is better due to the online features.

Hey I actually liked Mario Sunshine...it was a great platformer.

I'm in the minority here but I remember when Super Mario Bros 2 came out for the NES and I got it for Christmas...I think I played that for a month straight. It was the best game playing experience I can remember. And yes, I know it wasnt really an original Mario game, just a re-skinned port, but it was still Super Mario Bros 2 and it was bad ass.

I think one thing that you can say about the base Mario series is that they are all still pretty fun to play today. Solid and engaging platformers with creative level design.

iv got a bunch of them from the virtual console.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Newgrounds.com
    Mario Kart...love hearing people cuss over the banana peel.

On world 3 of Yoshi's Island. This game is seriously as good as I remember. Classic level design and the sound effects and art style are perfect.