dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: stage.showMenu=false? as3

Banned

stage.showMenu=false? as3

How would i do stage.showMenu=false in as3 iv looked on google found nothing just some fullscreen flash stuff im not interested with at the moment and iv searched this site but got nothing.

so as2 code:

stage.showMenu=false;

As3 code:

Please help

Thanks in advance.

cheers As3-Porgrammer (spelling error in name lol).

Banned
    Nvm I Resolved It My Self Xd

Please, show me this AS3 code. I aslo want to hide menu in AS3. This code is the following in AS2:

Code:
    stage.showMenu=false;

Banned
    ok its:
    stage.showDefaultContextMenu=false;

(The flash help files suck they dont show you how to do stuff like hide menu change quality... eg: flash help file said to change quality add StageQuality.LOW; but it is realy stage.quality=StageQuality.LOW; and the help files did not talk about how to hide the context menu this simply).

Hope this could help.

AS3

Thank you. This code really hides menu.

Banned
    No problem =D

Quote Originally Posted by as3porgrammer
    (The flash help files suck they dont show you how to do stuff like hide menu change quality... eg: flash help file said to change quality add StageQuality.LOW; but it is realy stage.quality=StageQuality.LOW; and the help files did not talk about how to hide the context menu this simply).
    Realy?
    Quote Originally Posted by ActionScript 3.0 Language and Components Reference
    showDefaultContextMenu:Boolean [read-write]

Specifies whether to show or hide the default items in the Flash Player context menu.

If the showDefaultContextMenu property is set to true (the default), all context menu items appear. If the showDefaultContextMenu property is set to false, only the Settings and About Adobe Flash Player menu items appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by ActionScript 3.0 Language and Components Reference
    scaleMode:String [read-write]

A value from the StageScaleMode class that specifies which scale mode to use. The following are valid values:

StageScaleMode.EXACT_FIT—The entire Flash application is visible in the specified area without distortion while maintaining the original aspect ratio of the application. Borders can appear on two sides of the application.
    StageScaleMode.SHOW_ALL—The entire Flash application is visible in the specified area without trying to preserve the original aspect ratio. Distortion can occur.
    StageScaleMode.NO_BORDER—The entire Flash application fills the specified area, without distortion but possibly with some cropping, while maintaining the original aspect ratio of the application.
    StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE—The entire Flash application is fixed, so that it remains unchanged even as the size of the player window changes. Cropping might occur if the player window is smaller than the content.

Banned
    Well they have hidden it good I wanted to hide in built in items and it didnt come up with showDefaultContextMenu at all and i looked on google and came up to fullscreen stuff

They should list how to hide the context menu on the first page and in as2 to as3

Banned
    Well they have hidden it good I wanted to hide in built in items and it didnt come up with showDefaultContextMenu at all and i looked on google and came up to fullscreen stuff

They should list how to hide the context menu on the first page and in as2 to as3 refrence

crappy

I just noticed, what I would call a bug when using this feature.

The exe's screen size increases. The size difference appears to be distributed to the top and bottom of the projector. Just an FYI
    Webpages:

www.winningsolutionsinc.com