A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: APEngine w/ CS4

Angry APEngine w/ CS4

Im having loads of issues with the APE engine by Alex Cove... I use CS4 and can't figure out in the publish settings under the as3 settings, im not sure which of the paths i should use. There is a source path, library path, external library path, and config constants. I just need to know which one of these the source folder of the file should be loaded to because following any of the tutorials from emanuele feronato or from tudthewaycore, i get errors and dont know/cant figure out what the issue is. With tudthewaycore's tutorial, i get these errors:

1137: Incorrect number of arguments. Expected no more than 0.

Quote Originally Posted by kewlhead View Post
    1137: Incorrect number of arguments. Expected no more than 0.
    This isn't the wrong publish setting it's wrong coding. Every function needs a certain number of arguments to execute. Lets say you have a function which finds a path from point a to point b.
    Code:
    pathFinder(PointA:Point, PointB:Point):Array{
    }
    It would need to know what point a and what point b is. But say you feed it three points instead of two. The compiler would throw this error:
    1137: Incorrect number of arguments. Expected no more than 2, because the function doesn't need three but two arguments. The same for your compile error: check out the line the error refers to and see which function your're calling that needs no argument.

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar
    I would suggest using box2d instead as its much more developed and has a lot more support as well.
    Regards Mark Fennell - Flash Kit Founder, general loiterer
    -------------------------------
    I Hate Zombies - iPhone Game | markfennell.com