A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: jpg is blocking gotoAndStop?

jpg is blocking gotoAndStop?

I've got a strange thing in attached fla: my gotoAndStop command won't go past a photo?

First I've got the 'background' layer. On it is a red rectangle on frame 1 and 2. Frame 3 changes it into a jpg.

On the actions layer I've got a gotoAndStop(4), which should show the photo and trace a command. But it won't get past the red square? It's like the jpg photo blocks the gotoandStop(or Play for that matter) command. It doesn't trace to prove that the gotoAndStop command is executed on frame 4 and it keeps showing the red square on frame 1 and 2. Where it should show the photo which has already been placed on frame 3.

Funny thing: when I replace the photo with a normal Flash shape (rectangle e.g.) it works fine.
    Last edited by digitalecartoon; 08-19-2009 at 04:49 PM.

Illustration | Animation | Web Banners | Graphic Design
    Ducklord Studio

Also noticed that when I preview the swf in my browser I do get to see the photo on frame 4 (placed on frame 3).

Also when I Test Movie it in Flash Pro, but after using 'simulate download'.

Otherwise, the photo (and trace command) seem to be stopped from ever happening.

Someone who can explain this to me?

Illustration | Animation | Web Banners | Graphic Design
    Ducklord Studio

that image does indeed seem to have problems. I exported it as ann2.png, deleted old image and imported the new one and everything works fine.