A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Lake Tahoe

Lake Tahoe

Anyone ever been? What was it like in the area you stayed around?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Tahoe rules. As far as areas, it's all pretty cool, but depends on what time of year, and what you are going for. The lake is great during the summer and the mountains around it are great in the winter.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

After a lot more reading it seems like other then the photo opportunities winter is really harsh and would suck to live around unless you're into mountain sports. I don't think I would want to(could afford) to live close to the lake but within a reasonable driving distance. I am just putting out feelers for places more out west to live.

Within a year I want a definite place in mind to try and live in. My girlfriend really wants to live in NYC as that is what she has had set in her mind since childhood as being an actress. I am slowly convincing her that there are tons of other places to find acting jobs in and will probably be better too since there won't be 100000000000 other "stars" looking for work.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

im curious of the other places you had in mind.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Reno is 30 - 45 minutes (in good weather) away from the lake. Not much going on in the acting arena there though. If she is truly serious about that you NEED to be in or around a major city. If you want to be out West and take some photos, why not look to work at Yellowstone or something...
    http://www.coolworks.com/profile/yps...ne-summer-jobs
    Last edited by hanratty21; 06-09-2009 at 04:35 PM.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

I have tons of cities in mind but I really want to start seriously looking into what the cities have to offer other then the candy coated tourist crap you see at first glance.

She graduates in May so I have at least that much time if not a little bit more to get situated once she is done.