A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Natsia Vs SilverX

agreed with gerbick's comment. When u look at the pic u feel like it's missing something perhaps because there are too much space left empty at top/bottom. The design is better fit in the horizontal canvas imo. also, put more effort into making realistic car shadow underneath.

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    Excellent pic silver! Great colors that capture the "pimpitude" of the composition (bet they've never said that in art class).

I liked the spacing between the car, text and fireworks, but the overall canvas may have too much empty space, might have helped having the car on a big purple highway or something to "ground" the image and help fill the space. I loved the colors between the car and the background. I didn't even notice the flag until gerbs pointed it out. I saw the stars, but didn't really connect it all...might have been my fading monitor...

Only other things I noticed was the reflection on the hood of the car doesn't work right on the section of the hood where it "bends" out since her reflection wouldn't show up there at all...

Great flames on the car...

Nice job...very pimpy!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

the flag was set to i want to say 4.5% opactiy. nearly invisible. i did not want it to stick out to much.

With the text i tried a bunch of differnt things, even at one point having the "fireworks" going the opposit direction but it looked really wierd.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by flashpipe1 View Post
    might have helped having the car on a big purple highway or something to "ground" the image and help fill the space.
    Good point.

I really like this image silver. My only 2 cents: Make the text 3D and go for total pimp-nicity!

@nats: I had no idea what you looked like 4 months ago.

nats i would have been cool if you spent 4 days starting yesterday, im not a photoshop nazi. As for rounds meh i dont care how many, im a kinda go with the flow person.

HAH! Too late now, eh?
    Im good with 4 too, starting to get August work stuff in now, so will probably start getting busy again soon.

Nat, sadly im not a fan of the things being same on both sides (eg. fireworks, lion..etc) The Title has great styling but somehow got lost in the overall pic, mayb it's becoz it's way down the bottom and just a bit too small. I would personally use wider layout for the title, to spread it from left to right rather than box it in the middle. The girls are blurry and could have used better highlight on the edge of their arms (Im thinking using pink, from fireworks behind them).

Yeah... I probably spent like 4 hours on this LOL.
    Totally forgot about it and woke up on teusday realising that I only had one day to get it up. Oops.
    Thanks for the comments man.

No worry. i usually comment on what i see on the final.. regardless of stocks, how many hours/effects ppl put in..etc. I just hope you find my comments useful

is tomorrow my last day? finally got a decent idea just want to know how much i should rush.

Nah dude... Take your time. PLEASE take your time :P
    Its my birthday this weekend and I want to get DRUNK. Don't make me work.

Hey hey! It's my birthday next thursday! I'll drink to that!

Well maybe not drink but I'll do something just as fun in your honor
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I'll raise my glass for ya

hi, is this an open comp or is that another thread?

This is between two people. If you wish, feel free to start one, or join the other open threads.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

i want to apologize before hand, im going to try and get something up tonight but its going to be a total copout.

Also nats keep in mind, with the holiday this weekend i dont plan on opening photoshop again till next monday, so take your time.

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    silver, silver, silver...(shakes head slowly)

lol

The concept is great, the background singers, the rabbit rapper, the bling carrots, etc. I know where you were going, and, with just a little more time on the rabbit's hat and lucky foot (classic), perspective on the carrots, I think this would have been an excellent return. But, I certainly know how time runs out...overall, very funny, just not executed as well as I know you could have.

I'm trying to really use the arena as a learning opportunity and trying to force myself to "get out and exercise" and am trying to learn everywhere I can, and you both obviously have lots to teach...

My question, how'd you do the lite brite to the background?? I'm guessing the letters are just a mask over a repeated red dot layer? Is the other layer just some difference clouds as a mask??

nice...
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.