A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AS3 Tower Defense Game

AS3 Tower Defense Game

Hi, we bought the source code of a Tower Defense game that was abandoned by the developer and run a website and community forum in the same genre.

With the source code we plan to expand the game and make it even better, but since we don't have any AS3 knowledge in our community our ideas cannot come to fruition. After organizing our ideas for features, statistics, and graphics (currently being created) for the sequel, we've decided to hire an AS3 developer to work on the sequel for the game.

The game I'm referring to is Gem Tower Defense; we're creating GTD 2. We are flexible on the features, and would appreciate some feedback as to the difficulty of implementing them. We are willing to work with the progammer in good faith; if anything stands out as being abnormally difficult we are willing to tweak/remove it as necessary.

This will be a full-sized project... While the original framework is there, some basic features have been changed or added, and there is a large increase in the variety of towers which will have to be input into the game.

First we will need a beta version, to test for bugs and balance issues, and after that we will need you to be able to patch any bugs (for a reasonable amount of time after the project is complete), should they occur. Of course, if you've written a fantastic piece of software to begin with, that shouldn't happen to often.

Again, this is a major project. Please only respond to this if you have extensive experience with AS3 and if you are serious about pursuing this project until completed.

Jack Dickerson

Price range: Open / Contact me for details
    Contact Info: pm me here for more information.
    Additional Notes: Please include previous works and a quote for requested project.

A message has been sent to your private messages, on this forum.

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    Jack,

It's not very clear from this brief whether you're looking for a fresh build or are hoping to use an existing framework.

As well as that, without seeing your ideas for new features it's very difficult to give you a very accurate quote.

Sounds like a great project though!

Hi Jack,

I'm not sure if you found a development team to work on your project as of yet or if you're still interested in doing so. Alternately, if you are not, would you be interested in selling the domain and source code to me? I love the game and would love to enhance it.

Regards,
    Brent

Quote Originally Posted by iGrok View Post
    Hi, we bought the source code of a Tower Defense game that was abandoned by the developer and run a website and community forum in the same genre.

With the source code we plan to expand the game and make it even better, but since we don't have any AS3 knowledge in our community our ideas cannot come to fruition. After organizing our ideas for features, statistics, and graphics (currently being created) for the sequel, we've decided to hire an AS3 developer to work on the sequel for the game.

The game I'm referring to is Gem Tower Defense; we're creating GTD 2. We are flexible on the features, and would appreciate some feedback as to the difficulty of implementing them. We are willing to work with the progammer in good faith; if anything stands out as being abnormally difficult we are willing to tweak/remove it as necessary.

This will be a full-sized project... While the original framework is there, some basic features have been changed or added, and there is a large increase in the variety of towers which will have to be input into the game.

First we will need a beta version, to test for bugs and balance issues, and after that we will need you to be able to patch any bugs (for a reasonable amount of time after the project is complete), should they occur. Of course, if you've written a fantastic piece of software to begin with, that shouldn't happen to often.

Again, this is a major project. Please only respond to this if you have extensive experience with AS3 and if you are serious about pursuing this project until completed.

Jack Dickerson

Price range: Open / Contact me for details
    Contact Info: pm me here for more information.
    Additional Notes: Please include previous works and a quote for requested project.