A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Stuck] can't loop through imported SWFs

[Stuck] can't loop through imported SWFs

[I originally posted to AS3, before realizing that I had given up on AS3 after several hours... now trying to get AS2 to work]

Flash 10, CS4, AS2

Learned experts,

Just upgraded to CS4, and I can't figure out how to load one .swf after another, allowing each to be run once, and only once. I don't think I should have to alter the target movies, as I should be ale to tell when the laoded movie is at it's last frame.

So I have an string[] that holds the filenames of the target swfs to load. In effect:

movieURL = "path/to/movie.swf"; // changes based on loaded URLs in an array
    mcHolder.loadMovie(movieURL, "mcHolder") // anchor Movie in Library
    while (mcHolder._currentFrame < mcHolder._totalFrames) {
    // let movie play once...

}

..on the main timeline. "mcHolder" is the exported, and instance, name of a blank Movie in the library. It is the only object in the main/parent movie.

But this does not work. All I want is to go through each movie, in the order of the array. I already know how to iterate through the Array.

What I need is a way to tell when the running movie is at the last frame so I can use loadMovie() to load another movie and run it.

I tried Loader(), but it was a real pain to get it work, and I never got close. I'm stuck!

TIA!

pat

hmmm, your situation is a bit more complicated than it meets the eye.
    please do try to zip everything and post it here.
    A lot more code than that will have to be implemented.

toltec7,

Thanks, but there is no solution. A flash file only needs one frame, so frame count is a poor way to determine if a file is done. In addition, a flash file can use labels and frame #s to loop itself, and never reach the last frame.

Thus, the only solution was to time each for a given period. Yuo know, giving each a fair, equal shake.

The problem now (the only one left) is how to play a remote swf file locally. I started a thread here (http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=797446) to hopefully get past this deal-breaker.

Thanks for writing, though!

pat