A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [critic and comment] on JasonPang.com please :)

I'm still learning...

[critic and comment] on JasonPang.com please :)

http://jasonpang.com

I've just uploaded it. New to Javascript stuffs.

I'd love to have some feedback about it.

Why do you have each section already on the page? I don't need to press the buttons, I can just scroll down the page.

Your line spacing and sentence returns are all over the place, the end of the COM is missing, the main heading at the top is chopped in half, it took to long for me to realise what the vertical text is meant to say ie. first one is "welcome", there is a box around the welcome button in the second section, I don't like the Personal Projects button (I don't like how the Projects is under the Personal text), the heading in the contact section is doing something weird, the spacing between the menu buttons isn't equal.

Where is the flash component of the website

Tell it how I see it...

... sorry.

I actually like his his site. The scrolling part is key to his whole navigation and I think it's an interesting way to navigate that allows several modes which use functionality built into the browser (scrolling, ctrl+f). Criticizing his navigation scheme is like telling him to just scrap the whole thing and start from scratch, which isn't particularly helpful criticism. Not sure why it's a requirement to have a flash piece on the site, either. What would he use it for, eye-candy? His site works great with JavaScript and is probably more accessible this way.

I sort of agree that the text parts of it looks sort of messy when you first look at them, but every section has the same image with chopped off text so after looking around you get what he was going for. I think maybe there should be more white space to contrast the actual content from the rest of the site, because a very monochromatic color-scheme was chosen which makes it hard to discern what's the content one should be reading. So it's probably best to get rid of the chopped off domain image.

Kirill M. after reading your reply I looked at this forum heading and realised that the site check area is not just for flash websites which I didn't realise before so my comment about the website not flash was wrong and I appologise.

As for the scrolling part of the website, I was not critizing, just giving my opinion. I still don't like the way I can see the next section of the website directly under each other, there needs to be more white space between them so that they are not visible, which is what I was getting at.

Yes, there probably does need to be more to separate them. As it it is they do run on to one another if the resolution is too great.