A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Gerbick what is up with your Governor?

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar

Gerbick what is up with your Governor?

Assuming you still live in S.C... why the trip to Argentina? well except of course for the fact that Argentinian women are hot. Well I guess that does answer my own question. carry on then.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

lol! I've been laughing since.

First Nevada's Ensign (just yesterday) and now our governor. Yep, it's messed up. But you're right... Argentinian women are definitely hot.

But to have his staff say that he was hiking in the Appalachian mountains - he told them that - and then have the fact that he took a SLED vehicle, which was used for that purpose of hiking the Appalachian trail... but to get caught coming off a plane in Atlanta from Buenos Aires... heh.

Then on top of that, Jenny Sanford had asked her husband to leave two weeks ago - a willing separation on her part.

I'm laughing honestly... mainly for the fact of how things have been going in regards to his stance on the stimulus package, how the state sued our own governor to take money and use it properly.

Oh well. After Foley and Craig... glad to see that women are back in style.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

don't know if anyone saw but here are excerpts of the actual e-mails: http://www.thestate.com/sanford/story/839350.html
    Last edited by ChaseNYC; 06-24-2009 at 09:48 PM.
    mmm signature

Yeppers, seen those too. He's actually semi-eloquent in those letters - heard him talk yet?

I saw him speak on msnbc.

I just noticed the first sentence of the article I linked to which sounds incredibly stupid to say:

Below are excerpts of e-mails, obtained by The State newspaper in December, between Gov. Mark Sanford's personal e-mail account and Maria, a woman in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    were they holding onto this info in hopes he became the nominee for '12?
    mmm signature

Yeah, noticed that too. I wonder why they held onto that. Oh well... I tweeted this earlier:

"Appalachian Trail sounds a lot like Argentinian tail... maybe it was an honest mistake."

I wonder if he'll get a round of applause like Senator Ensign
    http://thehill.com/k-street-insiders...009-06-23.html

wow, is the biggest enemy of GOP women?

the full e-mails are out now at the same link i posted above...
    mmm signature

So do you think this takes him off the list of potential vp candidates in 2012?

I think it should, but it wont.

The two things that annoy me about the situation is everyone is praising him for being so honest and forthright on the matter. Its not like guy decided what he was doing was wrong, he got caught and realized lying more would just screw him. He may feel some guilt, but to have been carrying on an affair for what has been going on for a year, that tore apart a marriage with four children. It doesn't help that he chose to spend father's day weekend with his lover not his children. His candid press conference is not a sign of character but just some intelligence.

And secondly, and more importantly, he left his state without a Governor or a way to contact him for however many days. That is clearly irresponsible behavior.
    mmm signature

He used taxpayer money to fund his infidelity: read more here...

I want a refund... or naked pics of this mistress. Either, or.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseNYC View Post
    His candid press conference is not a sign of character but just some intelligence.
    There was no intelligence in that press conference. Intelligence would have been coming out to the podium and simply stating that he was in Argentina and has been having an affair.please respect the privacy of his family as they work through this difficult time.

Blathering on about god and forgiveness shows no sign of intelligence, grace, or dignity.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Oh... wow.

Limbaugh On The Sanford Affair: It's Obama's Fault!

How the **** do you blame Obama for that!?

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

How the **** do you blame Obama for that!?
    Well first you get a prescription for oxycontin...

the times already has a guidebook of how to have this not ruin his career!

1. Don’t break any big laws. Larry Craig made himself a laughing stock, but he only pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct. Likewise, Senator Vitter’s alleged sins were technically only misdemeanors.

2. Be a nice guy. One reason former Gov. Eliot Spitzer of New York resigned so soon after his penchant for call girls was revealed last year was that he suffered from a deficit of charm. People just didn’t like him. When Mr. Spitzer’s replacement, the very amiable David Paterson, announced that he hadn’t been the ideal husband either, his colleagues and the public gave him a pass.

3. Remember that it’s not the sex, it’s the lying. Just as we expect full disclosure from our spouses, we expect it from our politicians too. Mark Sanford has already admitted he was unfaithful, and said he plans on going “one by one and town by town to talk to a lot of old friends across this state” about “what I’ve done” and “asking their forgiveness.” Before this is over, expect to know quite a lot about Governor Sanford’s little visit to Argentina.

4. Pathologize the problem. We don’t want to hear that you succumbed to ordinary lust. Blame it on sexual addiction, an alcohol problem, or childhood abuse. Pledge to enter couples therapy. If it’s part of a sickness, you can treat it and fix it.

5. If you can’t conjure up a malady, say it was an accident. In America, adulterers routinely insist that they’re not the sort of people who would have affairs. Governor Sanford says his affair began “very innocently, as I suspect many of these things do in just a casual email back and forth.” Only a truly evil person would cheat on purpose.

6. Get your wife on board. If she doesn’t take you back, neither will the rest of us. Political wives — who have hitched their wagons to their husbands’ careers — know we’re reading their body language and measuring how many millimeters they stand from their husbands. They walk a fine line between salvaging their dignity and keeping their husbands employed. That explains why Jenny Sanford’s public statement reads like a cross between a wounded wife’s lament, and a polished press release. “For the last fifteen years my husband has been fully engaged in public service to the citizens and taxpayers of this states,” she reminds us. She goes on to say that he has “earned a chance to resurrect our marriage” — and, presumably, to keep his job.
    source: How Do Politicians Survive Sex Scandals?
    mmm signature