dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Button problem

Thumbs down

I created a rollover button which shows a few words of text, a short fade in motion-tweened movie clip.... Unfortunately, it also shows the text when the area it is being displayed in is being rolled over. How can I make sure, the text only shows when the cursor rolls over the button?

button problem

when you edit the button there are four "states". The first time you edit the button only the first has a keyframe in it. you have to create keyframes for the "states" that follow. Just click once on the "Hit" keyframe and delete the text from it, I'm sure that's your problem. The "Hit" "state" simply waits for a pointer to be in its demarcated area and then checks if there is a click or a rollover and carries out the action. It doesn't actually display anything. So make sure only the button picture is in that keyframe, not the text too.
    Let me know if that's not the problem by posting back here.
    Thanks
    Cheerio

Re: button problem

thanks for your reply. the text movie clip sits only in the roll over section of the button and not any other. it is not visible in the movie unless the pointer rolls over the button - and over the otherwise invisible text area, which I don't understand. Somehow it treats that area as button area...
    jorn