A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dell 3008WFP

Dell 3008WFP

Anyone in here using one of these? I am in need of a new monitor and the potential pixel real estate of a 30 inch sounds pretty enticing. My plan is to run it thru the displayport from a macbook pro.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    I had a TON of luck with their 20" model. Exact same one, just 20". I just sold those and upgraded to some 24" LEDs from Dell as well.

If you really want 30", that's what I'd go for, but that is HUGE.

I have a 24" widescreen at work now, and find it ridiculously large.

That doesn't stop me from wanting 2 thirty-inchers.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

The physical size is not necessarily my desire. It's more about the pixel real estate (2560 x 1600) and the fact that I don't want side by side monitors. Thanks for info though, guys.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

I have dual 24" DELL widescreen monitors.

Absolutely love them, however i find it had to set them up so they're both being used (most the time im 80% on one, 20% on the other). i think due to the sheer width of the two (and that's with using one in portrait! [for long text areas ])

So i'd suggest 1x30" over 2x24".

(Although it means i'd have 4.6million pixels compared to your 4million MUWAHAHA!)

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chriso20 View Post
    I have dual 24" DELL widescreen monitors.

Absolutely love them, however i find it had to set them up so they're both being used (most the time im 80% on one, 20% on the other). i think due to the sheer width of the two (and that's with using one in portrait! [for long text areas ])

So i'd suggest 1x30" over 2x24".

(Although it means i'd have 4.6million pixels compared to your 4million MUWAHAHA!)
    You don't utilize 2x24"? I wish I could say that. I run 2x24", each running at 1920x1080, and in OS X, I have 4 virtual desktops. Usually all 4 spaces are full. That's a total of 8 monitors full of stuff going on.

No i do, i just think i'd prefer to work on a single 30" display instead of my 2 24"s.

Although it depends on what you're doing on it.

design = 30"
    coding = 2x24"

but then again i use my screens heavily for films and games, so i probably subconsciously just want to play crysis on a 30" display :P

I love having the menus for CS4 programs on my vertical monitor with a full view of what i'm doing on the horizontal monitor. So much easier

I work on 2 20"s which is really all I need. I think once you start getting much more screen real estate then you're having to move your head around all the time just to see it all.

I'm on 2x20" right now... at the office, 2x24"... can honestly say that it's not that much of a difference to where you'd be "moving your head around" a lot more than before. In fact, the extra height comes in handy quite a bit.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]