A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Animals Animation

Animals Animation

I am thinking or may I say curious as to how I can get this done.
    I'm looking for an animation with a frog hopping across the screen, the frog hops from one end of the screen to the other end but you can see the mud or puddle as it hops.

This might be a little complicated but I ones visited a website that had flash videos of animals. Like a frog. I just don't remember the url. But these were real videos created or processed in Adobe Flash.

On this website there were animated animals or videos.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks very much.

AI

Real animals in flash huh?

I have seen real people get put into flash websites, like http://www.landofthelost.net/

I don't mean the video, I mean like the actual people moving around like in the preloader there.

I'm pretty sure what they are doing is importing images into flash and then right click -> break apart to move them around and stuff.

They may have also used photoshop too.

There must be a dozen ways of doing what you want -- all of them involve a lot of work. Maybe that's not what you want to hear? I would say 'keep it subtle'; from my point of view, any web site with many repetitive movements gets irritating very quickly. If you can randomize sudden large movements (eg, frog hopping, catching a fly) around a background activity of subtle changes (eg, frog licking it's eye, scratching itself), that can be a lot more engaging. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by goliard View Post
    There must be a dozen ways of doing what you want -- all of them involve a lot of work. Maybe that's not what you want to hear? I would say 'keep it subtle'; from my point of view, any web site with many repetitive movements gets irritating very quickly. If you can randomize sudden large movements (eg, frog hopping, catching a fly) around a background activity of subtle changes (eg, frog licking it's eye, scratching itself), that can be a lot more engaging. IMHO.
    I completely understand and agree with what you are saying.
    However, I don't need repetitive movement, this will only happen when the page first loads. And this will not be on the entire screen, just on the banner at the top of the page.

Meaning the frog jumps from the laft of the banner where the logo is to the right of the screen where the slogan is.

Then it stays there.

There use to be a website with actual frog animation, Like someone shot a video of frogs moving/hoping and turned it into a flash file for the web.

I'm thinking of other ways, maybe just ditching this concept all the way.

I was wondering if there is a website that has stock animation of these kinds of things.

But it looks like it may have to be done from scratch.

AI

I recently saw a papercraft frog -- maybe you could use a design like that for a different spin?

Quote Originally Posted by goliard View Post
    I recently saw a papercraft frog -- maybe you could use a design like that for a different spin?
    So where can I find this application you are referring to?

Thanks

AI

No application -- just paper models. Try these three designs. Or Google for 'papercraft frog' for other designs. You could manipulate the frog, take photos, and build a sequence, or use a webcam and some stop-motion software like Stop Motion Recorder...

It's a (relatively) quick - and cheap! - way to come up with an original sequence of shots of a frog hopping if you are not so confident about drawing.

HTH,
    G.
    Last edited by goliard; 07-09-2009 at 06:56 AM.