dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Another Loader Class Issue. Help!

Question Another Loader Class Issue. Help!

i have this problem.

"page.swf" is nice working SWF file that load list.xml & picture.jpg. I stored those files on folder data.

I create another SWF called "index.swf" and i stored it outside folder data. When i try to load "page.swf" locally using Loader Class from "index.swf", the compiler errors said "can't load list.xml & picture.jpg". Because index.swf searched in it's directory not in folder data.

Can you help me to solve this problem without changing the "page.fla"?is it security policy problem?

Will moderate for beer
    It's probably not a security problem, but the fact that it's simply looking in the wrong directory. Without seeing the code that page.swf uses to load those files I can't say for certain why.

You may be able to resolve it by setting the "base" parameter in the final embed code which loads index.swf. This sets the directory to be used as the base for local urls. You can set it to the data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TonsOfFlax View Post
    It's probably not a security problem, but the fact that it's simply looking in the wrong directory. Without seeing the code that page.swf uses to load those files I can't say for certain why.

You may be able to resolve it by setting the "base" parameter in the final embed code which loads index.swf. This sets the directory to be used as the base for local urls. You can set it to the data folder.
    Can you give me a sample code?
    this is my standart code in index.fla

Code:
    import flash.display.Loader;

var ldr:Loader = new Loader();
    var urlReq:URLRequest = new URLRequest("data/page.swf");
    ldr.load(urlReq);
    addChild(ldr);
    Can i solve this issue with Flex?anyone?

thx b4 5TonsOfFlax

Will moderate for beer
    If you use the base parameter, you'd replace "data/page.swf" with "page.swf". The base parameter is set on the object/embed code in the html page. See this:
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/127/tn_12701.html

SwfObject also supports this parameter. http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/wiki/documentation

Yeah you right, the base parameter is the solutions for this problem, but i'm not planning to create this SWF for the web, i'm planning to create a standalone projector.

any other sugestions?

thanks in advance