A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mario Marathon 2 has begun

Mario Marathon 2 has begun

Saw this on digg. It's going live right now. Was this the same group that tried the zelda games?

http://www.mariomarathon.com/index.html

nopes...guess not.

Where did this idea come from?
    The concept was borrowed (with permission) from a guy named Cameron Banga and some of his friends, who attempted to complete Four 3D Zelda games in 48 hours. Watching how much fun they had, I couldn't help but want to attempt something similar. It started out with me asking a couple of my friends if they'd be down for a weekend of non-stop gaming, that turned into us deciding that we might as well make it official and document the whole thing online and see if we can raise some money for charity.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 07-10-2009 at 04:27 PM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

*shakes head*
    *doesn't get it*
    *wants to kick these d-bags in the teeth*
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

At least they are doing it for a cause and not just some nerds in their moms basement with a old webcam...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

They are some nerds in their moms basement trying to justify their lack of reasoning for existence by attaching some charity name to their inane activity.

*warms up leg*

I'm sorta suspicious to what their charity really is and where the money is going...

This is the charity logo...hmmm.

Once again Hanratty shows what an egotistical, and From on top of his throne starts throwing **** on people that are doing something that in the end will help out other people.

Just because its not "Your thing" Doesn'T mean you should act like a ****ing stupid piece of trash ****ing wanktard. So ****ing what if they are playing video games. Its not the Activity, its the end result. "Oh they are playing videos games, and the only reason that there doing it for charity is to justify themselves!" No that's ****ing Bull****, i played video games a bunch this weekend and i didn't raise money for anyone, so shut the **** up.

Seriously, I don't see you throwing a ****ing hissy fit over people that play in charity golf games. Maybe these kids aren't good at golf, God forbid they do something they enjoy to raise money for someone else. JESUS ****ing Christ. Seriously hanratty Drink a nice tall glass of STFU with a whipped topping of humility. Welcome to two thousand and ****ing nine AD Where video games are about to take over as a higher revenue then movies. People like playing Video games, There are channels dedicated to people Playing video games. God forbid someone uses something that a massive amount of people Enjoy participating in, in order to make some ****ing money for a charity.

Seriously I hope you die in a fire.
    Last edited by silverx2; 07-13-2009 at 09:56 AM. Reason: ****ing spelling
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

And to wannabe The charity is called Childs Play. Created by the guys at Penny Arcade, They bring in roughly 1-2 million dollars a year for sick kids that are in longer term hospital stays to give them entertainment while they are in the hospitals.

That's a pretty cool charity. They made almost $30,000! 4 people actually donated 500+ dollars. Damn, if I had the spare money I would have thrown them at least like 25-50.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2 View Post
    Once again Hanratty shows what an egotistical, and From on top of his throne starts throwing **** on people that are doing something that in the end will help out other people.

Just because its not "Your thing" Doesn'T mean you should act like a ****ing stupid piece of trash ****ing wanktard. So ****ing what if they are playing video games. Its not the Activity, its the end result. "Oh they are playing videos games, and the only reason that there doing it for charity is to justify themselves!" No that's ****ing Bull****, i played video games a bunch this weekend and i didn't raise money for anyone, so shut the **** up.

Seriously, I don't see you throwing a ****ing hissy fit over people that play in charity golf games. Maybe these kids aren't good at golf, God forbid they do something they enjoy to raise money for someone else. JESUS ****ing Christ. Seriously hanratty Drink a nice tall glass of STFU with a whipped topping of humility. Welcome to two thousand and ****ing nine AD Where video games are about to take over as a higher revenue then movies. People like playing Video games, There are channels dedicated to people Playing video games. God forbid someone uses something that a massive amount of people Enjoy participating in, in order to make some ****ing money for a charity.

Evidently, the 'rules' of this forum no longer seem to apply to you.

Evidently when someone calls you out of being a ***** your first reaction is to get the teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx2 View Post
    Evidently when someone calls you out...
    Oh, right. That's what that was. Calling me out. I see.

no that last part was the wish id make if i caught a Leprechaun and then he would give me one wish, non refundable. I could have anything i want, money... fame... 70 virgins, But you know after watching you bash some people trying to raise money for sick kids the only thing i could think of was you, inside of a fire, dying.

Id love to Kick people that don't approve of people raising money for sick kids in the teeth.

Better princess?

Nice. Real nice.

yay for charity!

Okay, I'm in the unenviable position of saying something that will be invariably ignored and above all come off like I'm holier than thou.

Let's start with that. I'm not above any of you. I've cursed, PWD, even jumped down the throats of my peers, my superiors and before I became a mod, was about as unruly as you could get and still keep a positive face... somehow.

There's a definite conflict between silver and hanratty. I don't know what it is... and behind the scenes, I've tried to figure it out not based on what's said, but how what's said is sparking something else. With that said, I've been largely unsuccessful and in a position where I'd rather show the ability to show no bias and just ask adults to remain adults.

Silver... you and only you have the ability to control what you respond to and how you respond. See something you don't agree with, you don't have to respond. You control your destiny man... always.

HR... you and I both know you're a "habitual line-stepper"... but that's who you are. You're going to be true to yourself... always.

I'm not going to censure nor censor either of you. Not by force. I'd rather that you two show some restraint in regards to each other... it's an oil and water type of affair between the two of you and I don't know why - and I'm not really asking. I'm just asking kindly that you (silver) see that wishing death upon somebody, albeit via some death-bringing leprechaun type of situation, it is about a few steps far too far.

HR... saying that you would kick in the teeth of some people that are playing a game to bring forth some charity to a legit - or not initially confirmed legit - is taking things a bit too far.

I'm not weighing in on who is more wrong than whom (awkward sentence, pills are kicking in); I'm just kindly asking that you two don't go at each other - intentionally or not - for a while. While I have the power to force a timeout, I'm asking kindly.

Perhaps its the lortab for this damn toothache combined with the wallet-ache I just got from the Ford dealership; I have to ask you two to take a timeout from addressing each other. I thought Subway and I fought badly... this is a new level.

I'm still tentative on my decision as to what will ultimately happen, but as it stands I'd rather make a decision once I have a clearer head. Both of you have my IM credentials... feel free to talk to me there about this.

Or if you wish, address me directly via PM. Or e-mail. Or just call me a bastard and have at me.

I just request kindly that silver you don't respond to HR, HR you don't respond to silver... let's be adults.

I'm off to enjoy this pill-induced buzz...

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Okay, I'm in the unenviable position of saying something that will be invariably ignored and above all come off like I'm holier than thou.
    Yes, you are (in an unenviable position, that is.) That being said, here I go...
    There's a definite conflict between silver and hanratty.
    Here's your first incorrect statement. There is no conflict from my side. I don't target him. What there is, however, is an obvious hatred that he has of everything that is me. Period. That's it. Don't try and put me into the same self loathing basket that he exists in. I do not go after him directly without provocation. In this case, I most certainly did not.
    HR... you and I both know you're a "habitual line-stepper"... but that's who you are. You're going to be true to yourself... always.
    Yes, I am. I am self-admitted about this. Me toeing the line has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with this unprovoked, colossally inappropriate behavior. I had an opinion, chose to voice it in what I assume still is an open forum that has only a few rules...none of which I broke. None.
    I'm not going to censure nor censor either of you.
    Well, this is unfortunate. I think your decision badly reflects the spirit of what this board was and still should be. While my skin is plenty thick to deflect the horrendous statements thrown out in this particular thread, others may not be so resilient. By allowing this type of action here, which is quite obviously contrary to the number one posting rule here, you've effectively allowed a Lord of the Flies mentality. When the animals run the zoo, you lose control. Period.
    HR... saying that you would kick in the teeth of some people that are playing a game to bring forth some charity to a legit - or not initially confirmed legit - is taking things a bit too far.
    This sounds like opinion, which is encouraged here -- at least I thought. That being the case, if opinions are encouraged, I am entitled to mine. 'Nuff said.
    I just request kindly that silver you don't respond to HR, HR you don't respond to silver... let's be adults.
    As far as I'm concerned, I have been. If that is not the case, feel free to point out where I reverted to childhood.
    Last edited by hanratty21; 07-14-2009 at 01:06 PM.

A day later, I'm less fuzzy.

No mother****ing way I'm picking a side, nor am I willing to say one way or the other - I'm being as non-committal as possible about a situation that I truly don't still understand. This thread is out of the blue.

No warning, no provocation, just... blammo. **** storm.

I don't really give a damn if you agree or disagree with me - you're entitled. Both of you are. I however do not believe that a blind ban will do anything but add to a situation that seems to be a downright enigma. It makes zero sense to me and as I've stated before, I've actually tried. Intonation, inflection, intent... none of those are immediately delivered via simple text entered into a "Quick Reply" box. Yet... something is picked up.

And if it's unfortunate that I'm yet unwilling to censor/censure anybody, it's because I simply am willing to state that I'm 100% in the dark as to why this happened. It's like I missed a post, a thread... something.

I'm not saying that anybody reverted to childhood. No, that's too damn simple. I'm requesting that everybody remains an adult.

Which part of that is hard to understand? I'm still making my own decision... I just can't figure out where this came from. And I refuse to make a decision based on incomplete data.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

This thread is out of the blue.
    No warning, no provocation, just... blammo. **** storm.
    It makes zero sense to me
    I'm 100% in the dark as to why this happened. It's like I missed a post, a thread... something.
    I just can't figure out where this came from.
    Exactly. Here's a visual aid to assist in your comprehension of the situation.

Mark it zero, dude.

^ rofl.

My name is jAQUAN and I'm a FK'r.

Frankly I'm entertained by this (which means it's probably good I avoid becoming a mod). It's a nice change in the scenery. I'm not taking sides as I feel there's no victim and both parties are thick skinned.

This didn't come out of nowhere however. Rather than talk about you, I'll address you but that's about as direct as this post gets.

HR, I like you but I doubt I'd be alone in, after reading your posts for a few years, gathering that simply getting a rise is a large part of your posting m.o. When you're not being extremely informative or nailing one-liners, you're decidedly negative. I'm a disenchanted realist so for the most part I support it but after a while I have to admit it starts to be downright uncreative and annoying. Like a bad sit-com that keeps getting renewed. I'm not defending the blunt edge of silver's reactions but I can at least understand it. Deep down I think you do too.

Silver, I think disposition-wise we have a lot in common (not to assume I know everything about you) and if I'm correct you honestly don't care that deeply about charity so much as you are sick and tired of HR relentlessly being himself. Deep down I think you have perspective and give this board an appropriate level of meaning in your life. That is to say, you could take it or leave it. I'll only say that if you were truly serious about what you've said, you're failing to separate your lifes other stresses from what you know to be true about what type of people say certain things at worst. At best, you're less hilarious than usual.

Hopefully that clears up some of why this thread exists. Sadly, the fact that it's entertaining to me is not a good enough defense of it. If I were a mod I'd have to consider the innocent bystanders on a service that owes its freedom to advertisers. As I watch Sotomayor get grilled, I have to agree with the comparison of a judge to an umpire (how does it work, if she can sit still for four days she gets the job?). While I don't think either of you need any kind of protection or reparation, a broken rule is a broken rule. In light of the parties it deserves a thread closing, nothing more.