dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My flash insert wont work on my web page...

My flash insert wont work on my web page...

Hello

Not sure if I'm posting in the right area but here goes. I have a web page with a Flash insert that wont work. Link here http://www.adamsmcclure.com/newsite/products.html

Flash file link here:
    http://www.adamsmcclure.com/newsite/...sh/gallery.swf

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Aaron
    Last edited by ennis_inc; 07-15-2009 at 02:09 PM.

It looks like it cannot find your gallery.xml file. This is because it is looking in the same directory where the HTML file is, not in the directory where the flash file is. You will either have to move the xml file to the same directory as the html file or change gallery.xml to gallery_flash/gallery.xml in your fla file.

Thanks so much for your help! I changed the gallery.xml to gallery_flash/gallery.xml in the FLA file. That got the flash working but for some reason its not pulling the images for the gallery. The XML has the images mapping as follows:
    " imagini/preview/image.jpg"
    The "imagini" folder is in the "gallery_flash" folder where the swf and xml is located.

Any ideas? Again thanks soooo much for the help.

Aaron

You have errors in your xml sheet. Putting an ampersand in the name and titles of your images is causing one of the errors and the other is caused by not closing the last category tag. If you want to use the ampersand character, use the html code:

&

Then there are the inches and bullet characters that are also causing problems, since they cannot be read.

Since tags use double quotes character, try using the html code for it:
    "
    If you want bullets then you will have choose another method to create them, since the only recognizable codes for characters are:

The quote
    "
    The ampersand
    &
    The apostrophe quote
    '
    The less-than sign
    <
    The greater-than sign
    >

In the attached file I'm providing are the corrections I've made. Since I don't know what you are planning to do. The only thing that isn't corrected are the bullets.

As for the images not showing up try changing one of the pic sections to

gallery_flash/imagini/preview/image.jpg

and see if it works
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by demx; 07-16-2009 at 06:48 PM.

Got it working. Thanks so much for the help. Sorry it took some time to reply.

Thanks,
    Aaron