A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Motion tween and dynamic texts

Motion tween and dynamic texts

Hi, I'm pretty new to flash and I saw various tutorials where dynamic fields had a motion teen effect. However If I tryto do the same, once I apply the motion tween the dynamic text becomes Graphic. How can I avoid this?

Thank you

Place the text element within a movieclip and animate the movieclip. This way your text remains a text, but gets animated with the movieclip.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Thanks for this, I'm aware of this method, however due to the future use of the swf file I need that the dynamic text are animated directly in the root and not in another element (moviclip)

Do you know how to call other "elements"(whether it's a symbol, dynamic text, etc.) if it ISN'T on the root?

Because if that's the problem, that you don't think you can, then let me know. There are easy ways to do this!

If this is not the case, please explain why you need it directly on the root. I can't think of any reason.

Indeed calling the elements is the issue here, however the swfs will not be used in a tool designed by me, so these are more or less the specifications imposed to me . The thing is that I have fla on my pc that have animated dynamic text fields, just that I don't know how that are done .

Quote Originally Posted by gabi99 View Post
    indeed calling the elements is the issue here, however the swfs will not be used in a tool designed by me, so these are more or less the specifications imposed to me . The thing is that i have fla on my pc that have animated dynamic text fields, just that i don't know how that are done .
    what?!?

I know how to call elements that are not in root, however I need dynamic texts animated since the swf I'm working on is used in a web application that does not know how to call elements (dynamic text fields) that are not in root, so I can't use movieclips.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.