A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Vent thread.

I consider it akin to wiping your ass in public.

Quote Originally Posted by creativeinsomnia View Post
    For some reason, people who clip their nails in public bug the sh** out of me. There is a lady outside my office right now, going to town, and I cringe everytime i hear the sound. I want to punch her in the gunt.

I was on the bus once, and a dirty lookin dude sits next to me and digs out a nail clipper. Starts doing his thing and his clippings are flying all over the place....poor guy in front of us was getting pelted. I sat, nauseated, with my fists clenched, watching every single stray clipping to make sure they didnt touch me. I am not a violent person, but I honestly would have thrown down if one of them had even grazed my shoe.

Gross.
    Hah!

I have a similar reaction to just about any sound related to eating. Those Carls Jr. commercials were a nightmare.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

those adobe guys just closed the bug as "never fix, reason: workaround", their workaround does not work, and they stop replying as long as their boss is not watching. ****. I wish I had a "punch everyone at adobe in the face" button.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Rant? I have none really other than Kevin Lynch from Adobe went to Apple. That's some bull****.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Rant? I have none really other than Kevin Lynch from Adobe went to Apple. That's some bull****.
    Apple: Flash Sucks!

Kevin: No it doesn't!

Apple: Here is some money.

Kevin: Flash sucks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ahem, name some runtime features that Kevin was personally responsible for? When people like Tinic Uro leave, I'll be worried. Or when Grayson Lang left, I thought I was the only one who noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by realMakc View Post
    Ahem, name some runtime features that Kevin was personally responsible for? When people like Tinic Uro leave, I'll be worried. Or when Grayson Lang left, I thought I was the only one who noticed.
    Hmm. So let's see. You have an executive that champions the technology that hired Tinic Uro and you don't see the significance of his departure? Allow me to explain it since it's overlooked.

The people Lynch would have hired at Adobe to push AS3/Flash will more than likely never would have been hired by Apple. Your heroes would have never had an chance any other place than the place Lynch just left if they stayed on the path of AS3.

Quite significant once you get outside of your egocentric view of things.

But then again, that's just me. I see the business side, I see the hiring practices side, I see the fact that you have a competent executive that people wanted to work alongside people like Kevin Lynch. Would you want to work alongside Ballmer or Jobs and still enjoy using Flash?

Oh well... I'll name some esoteric name in the next post for you to feel all nostalgic about next time.

Apple needs all the help it can get when it comes to management.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/the-b...le-2012-6?op=1

there are tons of idiot 3d modellers who mesh their models not thinking about how would anyone animate them. I mean just look at these:

how am I supposed to animate those wings? fan them triangles radially goddammit.

Use IK bones, assign to the middle of the wing and attach the vertices to the bone with only one flexor point at the body. Work on the mechanics of the wing and that's one way to animate it. I wouldn't do mesh deformation - too time consuming.

there is no use to attach bones if the triangles go orthogonal to it, it will just look like this.

oh, if you mean to flap whole wing as a solid surface... that is just not me.

Quote Originally Posted by realMakc View Post
    oh, if you mean to flap whole wing as a solid surface... that is just not me.
    Then enjoy failure if you don't find another way that suits you.