A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vent thread.

Support systems where people just read off a checklist of questions without even listening to what I am saying is soooo annoying.

Me: Windows won't load. This is a brand new pc and once the BIOS is done running it course and the little logo and progress bar appears the resolution goes "out of range" I can't even get to the setup page.

Support: So please let me ask you. Are you on another computer or the affected one right now? We will hopefully figure this out for you before this chat is over.

btw I was in one of those online chat support systems not on the phone- so isn't it pretty obvious I am NOT on the affected computer?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

the thing to remember is that the people that they hire more often then not have ZERO experience with computers. Each help person has a book with a flow chart for problems. They have to go through the flow chart, because if they dont they could miss a step it could result in a bigger issue.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Exactly. If you don't know what a computer is...don't be a technical support person.

And to make today even better- F*******K cars. My starter just went. Every time I went to start it it would pop the starter fuse. So now that will be $360 I don't have to even drive again...great ****ing monday.

if I used multiple U's in **** it won't censor it...so I self censored
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    Exactly. If you don't know what a computer is...don't be a technical support person.

if I used multiple U's in **** it won't censor it...so I self censored
    Thats like saying If you didn't goto culinary school don't get a job at McDonald's.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN View Post
    The Oakland Raiders. /vent
    The Buffalo Bills. /vent

So screw repair shops for quoting me $300 for a part and at least an hour of labor. I found the same part new right down the street for half that price and I am calling a junk yard tomorrow as someone I know got theirs for $40. Also going to try to do it myseff now. It's only a starter...

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2 View Post
    Thats like saying If you didn't goto culinary school don't get a job at McDonald's.
    Erm, isn't this true?

Wannabe that's how repair shops need to operate to cover expenses.

My last mechanic (before he retired) spelled it out for me.
    He even tells me I can go down the street and pick it up for X amount but If I want it delivered the part costs X amount more. It is much like the difference in pricing for delivery and carryout.

i need to get laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid
    /rant

Two weeks in a row, my dates have sucked.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    lazy students /rant
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

Ok... if you have some artistic talent, congrats. I will never knock it. Hope that you hone it, master your art, find your "inner voice".

However, to be a pretentious artist... shove some random, artsy **** down my throat in the name of "art"... I might just kick your ass. Or worse... explain to you how bad your art, or idea of art truly is. Or both. I hate people that sit there and scoff and use sheer snobbery to explain a simple, minor thing like it's the end of the world if it's misunderstood because they've decided to put a cause and reason behind a single ****ing dot on a canvas.

No. That's a lazy painter my dear. GTFOH

^ best.vent.yet.

Ooh, a vent thread. Here's something nice, warm n fuzzy.

When you're trying to show me something on the computer DON'T ****ING actually touch the screen! Especially if your pointer if a ****ing pen. Yeah when you hit the screen and all the colors go wacky...that's because you're not supposed to ****ing touch an lcd screen.

Also I would like to add how stupid the above post is....

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    When you're trying to show me something on the computer DON'T ****ING actually touch the screen! Especially if your pointer if a ****ing pen. Yeah when you hit the screen and all the colors go wacky...that's because you're not supposed to ****ing touch an lcd screen.

Also I would like to add how stupid the above post is....
    I once worked with a guy who used to eat pizza for lunch and then come over and "point" out things to me on my monitor...drove me CRAZY!!! Nothing like trying to see through greasy, smeared fingerprints...
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

I work with some very advanced users and even they do it. It's like nails on chalkboard!

Oh and my dumb fk'ing neighbors let a dead tree rot in their back yard which just deposited most of its load in MY backyard. FK'ING PISSED!

She just came back in and with the back of her pen literally just made a huge circle around what she was trying to show me. I could hear it scraping!

Luckily she's the owners wife/my boss. She can buy a new one when she writes all over it when one day she does it with a sharpie and forgets the cap...

Do not mess with my corn pops. Ever. I have killed for less.

Let a friend borrow my ipod touch last night to go for a bike ride and decided it needed a crack all the way from the top left corner to the right of the bottom button. The cheapest replacement screen I found is $70 and read that it's really difficult to change the screen yourself.

Not exactly someone in the position to buy me a new one either....just ****ing great.