A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vent thread.

seriously dude, stop letting people borrow your electronics.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Me and my bicycle are faster than you and your bicycle. If you happen to catch up to me when I'm waiting at lights why bother creeping round me so I have to over-take you again?! And no, riding a fixie and wearing tight jeans and a cardigan doesn't make you kool - it makes you a tw@t!

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    Let a friend borrow my ipod touch last night to go for a bike ride and decided it needed a crack all the way from the top left corner to the right of the bottom button. The cheapest replacement screen I found is $70 and read that it's really difficult to change the screen yourself.

Not exactly someone in the position to buy me a new one either....just ****ing great.
    I have a rule. If a person is not as responsible as me, they get less access to my stuff. Most of my family has never even been into my game or computer room. Let alone, touched my remote control.

And I still have it all.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

sick of being sick

yeah lesson learned for sure. I'm too poor to be able to replace anything expensive I own on a whim so no one is allowed to touch my stuff anymore.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Seriously!? You're going to have me integrate stat tracking on a state machine without a single FK'ING comment!? I could re-write the damn thing in the time its going to take to decipher when I'm where! ...grind grind grumble grind... ...happy birthday to me....

Apathy has quickly become my newest best friend.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

How are you supposed to take "it looks better than anything we could do" from a client? I seriously don't know whether it's a compliment or an insult. WTF.

I guess it depends on the relationship and tone but that sounds pretty passive ******* to me.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

ROFL @LEFTi. It was a nice gesture to say but still insulting.

@lefteye - I think he was saying that your farts smell much better than his.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

I'm supposed to be the computer guy where i work, but for the last year most of my time has been spent putting things in boxes and shipping them / answer phones. I'm making the same amount of money i was 12 years ago as a manager for Arbys, I've been here for 8 years now and it doesn't look like I'll be getting a decent raise anytime soon.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Video tutorials are the most retarded thing on earth.

Let's spend twice the time narrating every action you visibly make, in a medium that, due to the extra-retardation of streaming video, is painful to rewind or fast forward in, instead of a page with examples in which rewinding is a simple mouse scroll away, at my leisure.

We'll make sure the voice-over is a sniveling, droning guy rivaling only Ben Stein for the most monotonous sound known to mankind.

****, how hard is it to learn Expression Blend? Not hard, unless the only tutorials available are freaking videos.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Oh man that's a huge peev of mine Virgo. But it goes both ways. Written tutorials tend to be meandering topics poorly written and barely aware of themselves. Nothing pisses me off more than when the fail to mention a small detail causing your results to come out all wrong with no idea where you went wrong.

Videos on the other hand, like you said tend to be unrehearsed with no script and filled with more "Um"s and "Uhh"s and generally poor diction than actual instruction.

I've always envisioned a mixture of the two where there is a description of the step and short video for that step.

I also hate magicians who refuse to reveal where you're headed until the very end so that they can provide a "wow" moment.

I'm enrolled in an online game art degree program right now and a huge part of one class is a ton of videos that match your description exactly.

Seriously!? You're going to take an online course with nothing but your neighbors unsecured wireless network available? Wth is wrong with kids today?

That won't last long, When I first got a wi-fi enabled laptop there was nothing for miles and miles and miles. A few years back there were about 10 unsecured networks available from my apartment. Now there are none.

Look, I don't mind if you have to bring your kid to work until school starts. It warms my heart that video games are getting played somewhere in the office, but if you don't go fk'ing tell her to turn the goddamn volume down I'm going to start loosening wires. And by wires I mean limbs.

UPDATE: Lol, apparently increasing the volume of my metal sent a clear message.
    Last edited by jAQUAN; 08-26-2010 at 09:54 AM.

thursday. bored. just going home after work.....

This f*cking client! omg! "Here's the 12th version of the comp long after you've implemented into code, oh and its wrong so I'll just describe what it should look like after I see your running demo."
    Did you just use the word "air" instead of negative space!? You're in charge of the art?
    "I know you're trying to hit a moving target but our deadline isn't changing, oh and this has to work on multiple screen sizes now and the png's we supplied aren't scaling well."
    Did you just ask me what "vector" is? You're in charge fo art?
    Ahhhhhh!

For some reason, people who clip their nails in public bug the sh** out of me. There is a lady outside my office right now, going to town, and I cringe everytime i hear the sound. I want to punch her in the gunt.

I was on the bus once, and a dirty lookin dude sits next to me and digs out a nail clipper. Starts doing his thing and his clippings are flying all over the place....poor guy in front of us was getting pelted. I sat, nauseated, with my fists clenched, watching every single stray clipping to make sure they didnt touch me. I am not a violent person, but I honestly would have thrown down if one of them had even grazed my shoe.

Gross.