A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Expandable Banners

Expandable Banners

I am being asked to create an expandable banner for a website. They want an ad to start at 175x300 and automatically expand to fill the webpage when you enter the page. Then have a close button. I have basic flash skills and have never created this before. Can anybody guide me? My deadline is today and I'm starting to get nervous.

Thank You!

You can check out. www.expandablebanners.com

With their media kit.

You don't need a big advertising company to serve the banners, you can host all files on your website.

You can customize the dimensions to anything you want.
    (728 X 90 expand to 728 X 500) (125 X 125 expand to 300 X 300) (120 X 600 expand to 400 X 600)

You can customize how it opens (Rollover, Rolloff, or, click to close)

You can customize the direction it opens (Left, Right, Center, Up, Down)

They use a combination of HTML, Flash and Javascript. You can use any version of actionscript in your flash.

Compatible with IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera for both PC & Mac

Supports monitor resizing.

These banners overlap content, not to be confused with pushing content down.

You will need to create 2 different banners, one in the original size and another in the larger expanded format.

Easily add a ‘clickTAG’ to the expanded version banner to track its click-through progress using third party software.
    (You must have access to change the HTML of the page the banner will appear on)

The tutorial is commented and very easy to understand.

Will be useful for many future generations of web browsers. If there is a future problem we will fix it.
    What you learn is meant to be forgotten, so you can flow freely.
    -Bruce Lee