A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Papervision3D Collada not working

resolved [RESOLVED] Papervision3D Collada not working

Here is what I have going on,

I'm trying to make a piano type layout for a page on my site. I did the modeling in Blender 2.49, the coding in Flash Develop 3.0.2, and using Papervision3D 2. I have everything working like I want, within reason, and when I test run from within FD it works fine. Then when I export and put on the WAMP partition of my HDD and test there, it still works fine. However, when I place those exact same files on my live server, it only creates 1 key that I can see and not the other 18. On top of that, none of the texture maps load. I don't understand what is different from my testing server to my live server. I thought maybe it was a class issue, but Papervision seems to be working on my live server. I see a wireframe of 1 key. If somebody could give me a idea as to what might be going on I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Mo

PV3D page http://www.dillusiondesign.com/papervision/index.html

Looks like you're missing the texture files on the live server?

My HTTP debugger is saying it's trying, and failing to load a bunch of pngs (http://www.dillusiondesign.com/papervision/files/s.png) etc.

Sw!tch,

Thanks for replying, I was afraid I was going to be on my own with this.

I finally came to that conclusion myself, that it wasn't loading the textures, but I don't understand why. They are in the exact same location that they are in when I run previews in FD and on WAMP. I'm thinking it's something in the dae file.

You said your using a HTTP debugger, is that something like Firebug? If you can see that it's calling for all these png files, which it should be, then maybe I can accommodate/edit what it wants.

Thanks

Mo

Yeah using Firebug, you'll notice it can't find the texture pngs.

They definitely don't seem to exist on the webserver when I try to look at them through the browser so that would be my first port of call.

e.g.

http://www.dillusiondesign.com/papervision/files/w.png

make sure you've got a 'files' directory with the texture pngs in it on the webserver within that papervision folder. Hopefully that should sort it.

Sw!tch, thanks to your help I got it solved. The folder is there, but the problem is that it's looking for "s.png" and the file name is "S.png". I got to thinking about it, it's a linking file, you can't really have capital letters in a url string. It's wanting to drop everything to lowercase and import. Thus causing itself an error. I'd have never thought of that, but once I seen it I was thinking "duh! brain fart" Thanks a million for your help. I'm working on correcting now.

Mo

Ahh! No probs, glad you got it sorted - it's always the simple things!