dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Learning from books; adding Display Objects from the Symbol Library and ohter things

Threaded View

resolved [RESOLVED] Learning from books; adding Display Objects from the Symbol Library and ohter things

(Taking up a topic from another thread)

Here we have a case where it seems Koolmoves and Flash differ. I've run into a problem. I am working out of the book ActionScript 3.0 by Ypenburg. Pages (Chapter 5)The exercise is basically as follows:

1.) Create a Button and save to the Symbol Library. Give it the Class name MenuItem which is to be an extension (as I understand it ) of the SimpleButton Class.

2.) Create a MovieClip save to the Symbol Library. Give it a Class name of ShapeContainer which is an extension (as I understand it) of the MovieClip Class

3.) Add a child object (in this case a MovieClip) to the ShapeContainer by editing its timeline via the edit in the symbol Library, give it animation and save this MovieClip to the Symbol Library. Give it a Class Name of CircleContent which itself is an extension (again as I understand it) of the MovieClip Class.

With me so far?

So in the Symbol Library there is one button and two MovieClips. All have class names as they are suppose to and the proper base classes.

Here is the code put into the timeline. Doesn't work in Koolmoves and I'm not sure how to fix it. So in this example so far:

Code:
    var miChapterOne:MenuItem = 
    	new MenuItem(); 

var scShapeContainer:ShapeContainer = 
    	new ShapeContainer(); 

var ccCircle:CircleContent = 
    	new CircleContent();  

miChapterOne.x = 15;
    miChapterOne.y = 60;

scShapeContainer.x =180;
    scShapeContainer.y = 60;

addChild(miChapterOne);
    addChild(scShapeContainer);
    scShapeContainer.addChild(ccCircle);
    It would be very helpful if someone could explain how this needs to be written for Koolmoves in order to work. Apparently in Flash (which I don't have) there are some features which create classes automatically for you.

I should also mention this is not the complete exercise but should work at this point.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by etuom; 08-07-2009 at 01:15 PM.