A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Error opening url.

Error opening url.

Hello,

I am getting an error in Flash when I run debug movie. It tells me: error opening url 'gallery.php?fa1249530294515'

Since this is my first project working in flash, I am unsure as to what code is wrong in the php file that is causing this error.

I would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not sure what the attachment if for, but the error is letting you know it can't find the specified file. It is trying to open gallery.php, from the HTML/SWF is the gallery.php in the same directory?
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Thanks for replying.

Yes, it's in the same directory. If I remove it, then it gives me the error twice and flash freezes up.

I'm pretty sure that error I'm receiving means there is something wrong with the file as opposed to not being able to find the file. For one thing, my website wont load the gallery without that file.

Does anyone else know what could be causing this error?

Could be a number of things wrong, I wouldn't even rule out the actionscript.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So your saying the gallery file may be fine, but there is an actionscript error in my .fla file causing my created swf to glitch?

The reason I find this error to be really annoying is because often it loads the gallery just fine, but sometimes when I access my site online FF and IE will lock up just before displaying the gallery. And for some reason accessing my site from my local drive has never even once caused this error.
    Last edited by Choujij; 08-15-2009 at 12:35 PM.