A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Stumbling Point: Movie Clip on the "Down" Frame of a Button

resolved [RESOLVED] Stumbling Point: Movie Clip on the "Down" Frame of a Button

Flash Version: CS4

Actionscript Version: None involved, but will likely use 2

What I am trying to Accomplish: I have created a button that has a movie clip on the "Over" frame that fades a background in, and another movie clip on the "Down" frame that flashes the background white and then fades it out. I want this "Down" animation to play from beginning to end

The Problem I Am Having:
    Once the button is released, the "Over" movie clip plays and the "Down" clip stops. The "Down" animation will play if I keep the mouse button held down, but not otherwise.

Can this be done without having to resort to using Actionscript to control the timeline of a movie clip and make it behave like a button? I can resort to that, but I just need to get this project out quickly (even if it means a band-aid fix later to do it "right"), and I'd like to spare myself the time of creating the extra clips (it's a personal project, so no, it's not a work ethic issue ) and writing the script.

button timelines are very basic and you have zero control over them.

movieclips are the way to go

Yeah yeah...I ended up making the clips in the meantime since I figured they were easy enough and I shouldn't be a lazy punk.