A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Error when exporting to QuickTime -- HELP!

Exclamation Error when exporting to QuickTime -- HELP!

This question has probably been asked a million times, so I'm sorry. But I am SO FRUSTRATED with Flash right now and I appreciate any help you can give me.

I've created a movie on my Mac using Flash 8, and now I need to export it to QuickTime. Unfortunately, whenever I try to export it as Format: QuickTime, I get this error:

The installed version of QuickTime does not support this type of Macromedia Flash movie.
    QuickTime requires Macromedia Flash version 5 or before.

Please select "Version: Flash Player 5" in the Flash tab of the Publish Settings dialog.

...even after I do what it says and set the version to 5 or lower.

If I try to export as Format: QuickTime Video, I get this error:

Could not complete operation because of an unknown error.

Great. Very helpful.

I really need to get this video into a YouTube-compatible format. If I can just get it into .mov format, I have a video converter that can convert it to .mp4.

I've read that in order to get it to work, I need to downgrade to QuickTime 7.2, but I've tried that, and that version of QuickTime is not compatible with Mac OS 10.5 which is what I am running. So that is not an acceptable solution.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem, or any other third-party solutions to convert my .swf or .fla to a .mov or .mp4? I've tried everything I can think of and I'm really getting desperate -- any help would be appreciated SO MUCH. Thanks.

I have a different problem with exporting, but in searching for answers I've stumbled upon several people with the same problem (and also fix!) that you have.

Try these two links out:

http://flashspeaksactionscript.com/e...icktime-movie/
    http://beckleyworks.com/2008/01/21/q...rom-flash-cs3/

they're CS3, but I think the same sort of thing applies to Flash 8. I'm sure I read somthing similar somewhere. best of luck!