A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: First Full Flash Website, feedback requested

Lightbulb First Full Flash Website, feedback requested

I have done little flash tweens here and there, but this is my first attempt at a full on flash website. I would love feedback on it and any ideas you may have.

First attempt

Any ideas and thoughts are very much appreciated, please know that the content is just filler for right now, its not completed yet

Looks good and professional, but the white background of the web page kind of ruins it. (No offense intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonie Goes View Post
    the white background of the web page kind of ruins it. (No offense intended)
    None taken, I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do with the background.

Wow i really like your first attempt!!

One thing though, How you set out the page makes a difference.

The flash movie is too big to fit on my whole screen!

In the html for the page or whatever instead of putting in the size and stuff put 100% and 100% where length and width should be. doing this will make the flash fit into any computer screen.

double post due to change of opinion... why is it that when you click on login and register it comes up with company history and bios??

You copied this didn't you?

Thank you for the insight and the tip on the 100%

Quote Originally Posted by bounceboy View Post
    double post due to change of opinion... why is it that when you click on login and register it comes up with company history and bios??

You copied this didn't you?
    Correct, my boss is still getting the final content together, so most pages are all just filler/copy of what little content I have. I still have to work out how to incorporate the login and info from our existing asp.net pages and MYSQL DB

your welcome and ok

I have a friend who the only thing he knows how to do in flash is edit other people's FLA files. actually, 2 friends.

Quote Originally Posted by bounceboy View Post
    In the html for the page or whatever instead of putting in the size and stuff put 100% and 100% where length and width should be. doing this will make the flash fit into any computer screen.
    I tried this, only issue is that I have animation that goes beyond my art board,
    so when i do the 100% I can see the extra stuff that shouldn't be showing. Any thought on how to get the extra stuff to not show and at the same time making it scale properly.

it may just be a resolution problem, try on a few computers maybe

Well the full site went live today, lacking some content though. Check it out if you want, let me know what you think

www.perknetwork.com