A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Too many tweens slowing me down?

participant

Too many tweens slowing me down?

Hi Flash Kit

I'm animating simple cartoony characters but when I reduce them to their parts (say 2 legs, 2 arms body head and e.g. the jumprope) and have them jumping rope or whatever, I'm experiencing some slowdown on (my boss's) older machine, (which is similar to the one some clients have).

Is their any trick I could use to improve performance? (Maybe reducing them all to keyframes, increasing size but decreasing playback performance?)

Or is there something in particular I'm doing that slows it down? (e.g. easing or have a tween within a tween or something else I've checked or unchecked.) Right now the tweens are graphic symbols set to a particular frame and tweened.

Also is there way to see actual frames per second at runtime? I suppose it wouldn't be difficult to build, but just curious if it already exists. Any insight would be appreciated!

Flash animation files, especially large ones, will run differently depends on how powerful the computer that runs it. There is nothing u can do about it.

i suggest u convert swf to movie file to avoid that problem.

goodluck

i think it depends on the flash version too because flash 8 always was slow for me...
    CS3 is the way to go for me!