A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: is any1 interested of putting up a team and make a game?

is any1 interested of putting up a team and make a game?

Yes so i was thinking if we could get some ppl together and make a game.
    i have awsome idea for it, and if we would b able to make it online, it would get known. Also this would be for having some fun and training!

The game would be like, theres a city where you character lives, and you have to work for money etc. You have few differend stats like shooting skill and stealing, so you would be able also to rob a shop for money, or steal cars etc.
    The idea of the game would b this.

The main character mooves out from his home and starts to live itself, the player needs to get the main char to succes on his way to older.

Also the game would b online and it would have differend items to wear etc.

What do u think? Good or Bad idea? if good, what should we change?

Could I suggest a couple of things ?

* Have a look at the Read me guide, there's a link in there with some good advice about trying to start a team.
    * Produce a game design document, save it as a pdf and post it online for people to read. Your ideas sound like a vague GTA clone, flesh it out more
    * State what you're going to bring to the project, are you a coder or artist or designer or project manager ?
    * Don't use shorthand like "b" and "u". This is your first post, your elevator pitch, and first impressions count. If you can't manage to type the word "be" then how are people who may want to work with you going to have confidence that you're going to see the project through ? It's all about perception.

Good luck with it,

Squize.

That ReadMe guide should state that anyone who is SERIOUS about starting a team should at least put in a fat chunk of effort up front before, no wishy-washy pleas. Dedication and strong ideas up front are paramount to gain the attention of someone who will follow your idea through and waste their own time night+day because of their belief in you.
    Here's the challenge: come up with a 20 page document highlighting your ideas. plan the entire game from start to finish.
    I bet when Kojima came up with Metal Gear he didn't walk into the office and say "I got this idea about this kind of Rambo/Snake from Escape from New York character...and he sort of strangles people and...well what do YOU think?"