A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [BETA] Disc Golf

[BETA] Disc Golf

Hiya! First time poster, long time lurker here. Me and a few of my friends have recently finished our first game (and, technically, our first flash project) and would absolutely love to get some more eyes on it.

It should be entirely asset complete; but since we don't have a great deal of experience with this platform we aren't quite sure how it's gonna run across the board.

Simply go to http://www.armageddon-studios.com and click "Click here to play!" for the game page.

We're completely open to any and all opinions. Good, bad, bugged, sad; we wan't to hear about it all.

Anyways, thanks for your time! ;D

Did not work for me. I saw a preloader but after it finished screen remained empty and no game showed up (Opera, WinXP).

Hmm, interesting. It works when you refresh the page. I'm assuming it has to be how we're embedding the swf, as it works fine in every other browser (and we had the same exact issue in Firefox until we fixed the embed stuff).

Anyways, thanks for your help. I guess there's still a bit to learn about cross-browser compatability. ;D

Nice little game. The gameplay looks OK, but the presentation is a little bit sharp. The fonts are not very fun and they are no antialiased. You should work a little bit more on menus and polish.

I agree. It has potential but it simply isn't pretty. A bit of polish and you should be great.

Thanks for the feedback, we greatly appreciate it. Besides the menus, what else is in dire need of polishing or just a complete do-over?

would be nice if you could use the arrow keys to change the angle, rather than clicking on them

You can by pressing the CTRL key to switch between the control mechanisms, then use the left/right arrow keys (or space bar for the power).
    Last edited by fatezero; 08-18-2009 at 12:35 PM.