A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Best approach to building a flash website with flex

AS2 intolerant person

Best approach to building a flash website with flex

would it be more practical do one of the following:

- build a flash website in flex and import swf files from flash for animations?

or

- build website in flash and import swf files from flex for components (eg. dynamic pages and contact form functionality)?

im learning flex atm im its going it fairly straight forward (just an alternative to xhtml with javascript really), however im having a hard time figuring out how i could create beautiful websites with full page animations from 'within' flex.

thanks

flos

I use Flex to build dynamic web application, talk to web services and incorporate retrieved database information. If I want to make a series of animation, I would return to Flash. The contact form is a no brainer and I would use Flex for it...solely. You also have dynamic pages, and for the most part Flash can handle it, but I guess it depends on what is the dynamic environment.

I'm a Flash nerd and would return to Flash and integrate Flex if needed. If it is a page or two that require database connectivity (and you don't want to use a server side code like PHP to translate) then I would make those pages in Flex.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

AS2 intolerant person
    pretty much the answer i was expecting. i guess i'll just finish off the 'flex in a week' training then get back to building in flash :P. cheers mate

flos