A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Buttons and rollOver AS2

Buttons and rollOver AS2

Hi,

I'm developing in AS2 atm and I have a question.

The flashfile I'm working on has movieclips on the left and right side with rollOver-functions written in ActionScript. The movieclip in the background contains paintings that are clickable. When the pointer is over the "scrolling" movieclips on the sides, however, the paintings aren't clickable. Ie. the pointer reacts to the scrollers and not what's behind them.

I have no onClick etc. on the scrollers.

Is there a way to disable the clickability of the scrollers but still be able to use onRollOver and be able to click stuff, or do I have to write an ActionScript that scrolls without movieclips?

Appreciate any help I can get on this subject. Thank you.

You explanation is a little confusing to me, can you provide a link so we can see what you're talking about.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by samac1068 View Post
    You explanation is a little confusing to me, can you provide a link so we can see what you're talking about.
    I'm sorry for being confusing. Hopefully this can shed some light on the subject.

http://www.pangolin.se/work/galleri/

I'm not sure that I can help you out, but I'd just like to compliment you on that sweet idea! It's a cool concept. What will happen when you click a painting? Does it just popup a larger view? If so, I think it should just zoom instead, as if you walked towards the painting for a closer look, you know?

Good work! I hope you solve this issue.

You want to associate the clickable areas with the images on the background? If so, then you have two options. One would be to place, what I can, invisible buttons on each of the images. The invisible button will associate the image with the specific picture or url you want.

The other option would be to break each of those images into a separate movieclip and making each clickable, again navigating to the desired picture or URL.

Does that make sense....and I even on the right track?
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Thank you, dplows. Clicking a painting will open a series of pages, you can click through, with more information about that particular field. The zooming in idea is cool. Though I think it would require quite alot considering the pixel size of the images XD

---

Samac: I have clickable areas atm. The painting "vegetation" is clickable. The main problem is that I have to have them behind the "sidescrollers" or the scrollers will stop scrolling when above the painting/picture. But.. I can't get it to "click through" the sidescroller whent he picture is under it. Idk if it has anything to do with the fact that the background is moving or if it's just that since the scrollers act as buttons you can't click through them to what's beneath. Idk if that makes sense.

My clients haven't said anything about it, fortunately, I just wanted to find a solution for it so that it's "neat". =P