A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound lag at end of loop....

Ok, I'm using a music background loop that's 115 frames long. It's in a movie clip. Problem is when it loops it's got a little lag at the end that makes it sound like a 1 second pause so it just screws up all the music!

I think it has something to do with having to jump all the way back to frame 1. Becuase I have a tiny little music on/off button that animates. And whenever the sound is fixing to play back the animation stops for just a second!

Is there any way to fix this? I know I must not be the only one seeing this... or do I just have to find a shorter loop...

Try editing your in/out points

Flash has a very basic set of audio editing tools but I think they can do something for you this time. Select your loop and in the Sound panel click "Edit". If you zoom in and check the beginning and the end of the loop you might find that there are extra blank frames on your audio track that are causing that delay everytime it completes a loop. Just move your in and out points using the bar between the two audio channels (yeah, I know it is not very intuitive) until the loop feels right.
    Btw, a shorter loop might certainly help too
    Hope it helps.
    [Edited by Devastator on 01-04-2001 at 06:49 PM]

Yea I had done that. Man I've tried everything I can think of... I think my only options now are to leave it as is, or find a smaller loop. Thanks though