A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dreamweaver 3.0

Yes, i know dreamweaver does not pertain to this site, however i need some help. In my dreamweaver there seems to be a 1 cm invisible border around me whole page or workarea, and when I add the html to the site, There is still the 1 cm invisible border around the images so that I cannot have a image at the absolute top. Can anyone help?

The 1 cm border is just default (so your text and images don't touch the borders of the browser). To change this, put the image inside of of a layer (e.g., "<DIV>" ) and make the position of the layer abosolute (0 px, 0 px). Also make the size of the DIV match the size of the picture. I think there is another way to do this using javascript, but I can't seem to remember.

*NOTE*: The absolute position of the layer might actually be 1 px, 1 px... I can't remember which... but if you tinker around with it enough, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Smile

Thanks, that worked, well works cause I already figured out the code for it, Thanks you anyway for you time!

fyi

i know you figured it out, but for any others that may read, this phenomenon of the 1cm border is a result of not having any margin tags. yes, layers are a way around it i guess, but layers can cause problems, and in the long run, you'll be happier just having clean html...

the solution to this is in your body tag:

<body bgcolor="#0066CC" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

clean, simple html.

later,
    dub