A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do make the name on the top of my browser in my Flash website?

How do make the name on the top of my browser in my Flash website?

I know that the flash file needs to be named index, but how do I change the title "index" in the source code while building my website in Flash 8 so that when the website is live, it doesn't say "index" on the top of the browser window? Thanks!

On a side note, does anyone know how to get a little icon (like my logo) to show up next to the URL?

Favicon

To make the title you just write <title> (Your title here) </title> in your HTML. When it comes to the browser icon, this is called a favicon.

Here's how you do it (copypasta from some website):
    • Make an image of 16 * 16 pixels.
    • Save it as an ICON file (.ico) extension with the name favicon.ico in the root folder of your Website. (The folder with your index.html file)
    • Done. It's that simple.
    • To also allow browsers that support animated gifs, add the following line to the <head> section of your HTML:
    <link rel="icon" href="/favicon.gif" type="image/gif"> and, of course, make the gif file and place it
    in the root folder of your site.
    When someone bookmarks your site, the Browser looks for a file called http://YourSite.com/favicon.ico. If it finds a file it uses your file instead of it's default file.
    There is lots of software out there that can save gif or JPEG images as an .ico file. A good free one is Irfanview.

Thanks bud. Ended up getting the answer from a friend of a friend last week. They said the exact thing and got it to work. I appreciate you taking the time to reply though.