dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sync mp3 & flv??

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar

Sync mp3 & flv??

Is there any way to sync up (or keep synced) a progressive flv and streaming mp3??
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

what is this for? I would say no....but I reckon you could simulate this by dynamically muxing the video and audio stream using ffmpeg prior to playback.

if you want something that works like *snap* instantaneously then IDK. you'd have to keep polling the currenttime of both streams and then seeking, or somehow stretching both streams to keep them synced. that would mean you'd have obvious artifacting (jumping, pausing, inevitable momentary loss of sync).

Dan

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    Dan,

Good idea, but, it does need to be "instant." What it's for is a presentation where the flv animations and the mp3 files need to be individually updateable by the client.

As the flv plays, the mp3 needs to "keep up" with the animation as it describes what is happening.

What I was planning to do was to put cue points in the flv (or just grab the playheadTime), and then grab cue times for the mp3 (from the db) and pause whichever one hits the time first (usually the end of a paragraph) and then start playing both again when the second one hits. What do you think?

I'm thinking that should work, I was just wondering if there was another method I wasn't aware of...

Thanks!!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.