A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [COMPLETE] Blockles

[COMPLETE] Blockles

Multi-player block game. Use items to attack other players or help yourself.

http://blockles.com

It's been done for a couple months just sitting on the shelf, would like any feedback!

Last edited by newblack; 09-04-2009 at 09:12 AM.

As far as I'm concerned, I will play a flash game for a quick break. If the game doesn't load in 10 seconds (absolute max) then the window gets closed.

Waited about 30 seconds to start playing your game and gave up.
    New sig soon

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    I played for a while, the competitive aspect was really great, but I didn’t figure out how to affect the other players as they seemed to be doing to me. I was winning the whole time, I only had a few blocks at the bottom where as the other all had quite a large stack, then suddenly one of them did something which cased me to have a huge stack of horribly unsorted blocks (switched with me maybe?) and so I left.

Nice game though , good fun and excellent presentation.

Ali

@dudeqwerty: it's an unfortunate, but decided compromise

@alillm: thanks! yeah, somebody swapped with you, switching their blocks for yours. to use the items that stack up in your inventory on the left you use the number keys: 1 goes to you, 2 - 7 to anyone else playing.

That's actually pretty fun... I like the multiplayer aspect (it raises what would be a rather straightforward single player game.)
    But all in all I like it!
    Good work.

charlie

Well I like it a lot. I like the way the bricks explode. I also like the way the game is reversed from time to time. It seems there are a lot of options and surprises in this game. I'm a little bit frustrated by the game not providing a solo mode. Multiplyaer is great , but there are still many players who like to play solo, and challenge themselves.

Did you coded the twitter popup that sends a tweet about the game ? That's an interesting resource .

thanks, charlie_says and Sietjp!

@Sietjp: no, some other loser at my company coded the twitter thing, lol

stupid 30 second rule double postlafjsladkfj;

I quite liked this, often done concept for sure but this one was really well done which is already way rarer =)
    While i liked the presentation and gameplay i agree with the others that its not obvious enough at first why one suddenly gets lots of blocks passed over which seems to be pretty random if not a bug until one realizes that´s actually a feature one can use.
    Maybe you should make that clearer with a message.
    I also agree that its not clear enough that i´m actually playing with several other guys there. Sure its the core concept of the page and one can also see the other playfields, but when i´m focussing on my own game area i kinda have no feedback at all on what the others are doing or that they are there really. Would be cool if some status message popped up in my game area view which says: "player x just cleared 5 items!" or "player z just switched blocks with player w sending him 5 more blocks than he had before!" or something like that.
    Other than that pretty nice =)

thanks, tomsamson, really good points. it's actually a hard thing for us to judge, because a large amount of the feedback we get on our games is from people very familiar with the site. so they know when they're in a lobby, who they're playing with etc. and that's definitely not entirely clear to someone just popping in to play a game. always something we're working on though.

and i totally agree that there needs to be more aggressive feedback to what your opponents are up to.

cool, and yeah, one gets less feedback on fk on games cause we´re not the typical gamer audience but maybe its interesting stuff in different ways sometimes