dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3] FlashLite 2.1 and video

[CS3] FlashLite 2.1 and video

So once again,

I am working with Flashlite 2.1 and trying to learn how to embed and run a video. I am quite good with Flash and learning flashlite recently....I somehow made the video to work from this tutorial. It worked fine in the device control. Then I moved this file into Pocket PC with WM5 in which I have installed FlashLite 2.1 from this Adobe link.

Now when I run this SWF from my PPC, the video does not works....can anybody point me to a right direction please?
    As ever,
    Vinayak Kadam

I have one more update...

I personally hold Nokia 5310 Xpress Music which is by default shipped with FlashLite 2.1 and when I try to run the SWF with video embedded, it works......so to summarize the problem is that video works on device with default flash player 2.1 but not when I install FlashLite 2.1 on PPC WM 5.
    As ever,
    Vinayak Kadam

Flash Lite 2.1 supports device video, but not FLA.

My recommendation is that anytime you are working with device sound or video it is a good idea to confirm that the device can play the media outside of Flash first.

I have read posts that Flash Lite 2.1 does not reliably support video on PPC devices. Instead, you should be testing all Flash Lite content on Flash Lite 3 distributable for windows phones. Flash Lite 2.1 never really made it onto relevant windows devices. Flash Lite 3 distributable will be the Flash platform for windows phones.
    aviarts.com - web development and flash development

Quote Originally Posted by hp3 View Post
    I have read posts that Flash Lite 2.1 does not reliably support video on PPC devices. Instead, you should be testing all Flash Lite content on Flash Lite 3 distributable for windows phones. Flash Lite 2.1 never really made it onto relevant windows devices. Flash Lite 3 distributable will be the Flash platform for windows phones.
    Thanks a lot hp3 for your quick response. I was wondering if I was missing something....but yes, videos on PPC in FlashLite are not reliable. I have also read a few threads on even Adobe forums. Surprising and irritating fact is that when I play all these videos (*.3gp and *.mp4) on media player on my PPC they work very well and do not show up at all in FlashLite 2.1.

Anyways, next step for me would be to test the content in FlashLite distributable Player.

Thanks once again for your valuable support!
    As ever,
    Vinayak Kadam

http://nhippe.com/2007/04/05/hello-world/

think this will help you

marlopax