A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Load Movie help needed please

I've been trying to overcome this problem for the past 2 hours but nothing seems to work. My main movie i'm working on, finishes at frame 55. I've then imported a .SWF using the Load movie action on the layer above at keyframe 56.If i try sliding it back i don't see it. Must be blocked by the layers below, anyway around this? Anyway, i now want to load a new SWF using Load movie to play immediately after the first loaded movie. When i try this, i don't see it play, i guess the previous movie i loaded is blocking it out. So do i have to unload this movie or something before loading the next? If so, can someone explain this to me please? Thanks

maybe

I was doing something sorta like that earlier. I had made a movie and decided I wanted to add a previously made movie at the end of the one playing. The technique I used is a bit different though. I just added an extra scene, using insert>scene then in that scene in the first frame I imported the .SWF file that I wanted to use. I then made sure that the scenes were in the right order and I was done... I hope that helps you some.

Thanks for your reply, it doesn't really help me though. The movie i have in my timeline is a backdrop, i then want to run another external swf over the top of this backdrop. Using a MC i've achieved this. My big problem is i have a second external swf i want to use. If i use loadmove/target, i dont see the second .swf. If i use loadmovie/telltarget, both external .swf files play at the same time??? To complicate matters, what i really want to do is play the second external swf at a certain frame of the first external swf. So both sort of merge together. I don't even know if this is possible. It's tough though as it's loaded into a single keyframe. I was hoping someone could have helped me out with this.

Thanks for your post anyway.
    [Edited by celticking on 01-05-2001 at 03:56 AM]

caithness massiv
    hi... there's a link in my footer which covers many questions about the load movie action... hopefully you'll read it and it will help you out some

if you still have a question, post a response there and i'll see if i can help more

cheers

Thanks Agent Vived, this action scripting is totally baffling me. My main movie consists of 3 layers, all ending on Frame 55. This is my background animation. I've then loaded my external swf on a new layer using a blank MC
    loadMovie ("index3b.swf", "_root.loadup"); at frame 55 also.
    This works ok, i still see my background by using a stop in the 3rd layer of my main movie. Now is where i'm stuck. I have a 2nd SWF i want to load but i was hoping i could load it while my first external SWF is playing. Just the way both are designed, they would converge to make the overall movie but it has to be at the right time. This means all movies need to be visible at the same time. My main movie and my two external SWF movies. Do you know a way to do this? If this is not possible or is just too complicated, i guess i'll have to restart over again.

Thanks for your help.

You can load multiple external swfs into you main movie at the same time, check out this tut for the low down http://www.actionscripts.org/tutoria...er/index.shtml

However, you are talking about a timing issue, which makes what you purpose rather difficult as the movie will play at a certain frame rate, but the swfs will load up based on the individuals connection speed, know what I mean. If you want two movies to play at same time, you will have to preload both and 'launch' them at the same time (on a specific frame) Hope it helps.