A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: buttons don't work after 3D tween

buttons don't work after 3D tween

I'm building a portfolio page that contains a clip into which category swfs are loaded. Each category swf has a clip into which content swfs are loaded. In one content swf I have 3D rotation tweens of a few movie clips. As soon as the 3D rotations begin, my buttons in the content swf and in the category swf stop working. The buttons in the portfolio swf still work. Anyone run into anything like this before?

I'm noticing that this is a problem with any 3D transform of movie clips in my content page. If I just give a clip a Z value, the buttons in my swf's parent (the category page) are disabled. It must have something to do with the fact that the category pages were 3-D rotated by actionscript when loaded. Can't say I really understand why it doesn't work, though.

For example, if the MASTERSHAKE clip rotation was done in flash, under the three_d category, in this portfolio: http://home.comcast.net/~brianandlexi
    then the buttons to view the other 3D content would stop working once the MASTERSHAKE swf was loaded.